Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I don't think I do. At least, I don't realize I do it, if I do.
I admit to definitely driving away guys I don't like who keep giving me attention, though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I reject myself before anyone else has the opportunity to. It's painful but less painful at least short term. Even when I don't want to like you mentioned about becoming second nature.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tend to drive the opposite sex away because of my personality. I avoid them because of my SA, and then act really awkward around them. Its really frustrating.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I don't think I do. At least, I don't realize I do it, if I do.
I admit to definitely driving away guys I don't like who keep giving me attention, though.
Good for you, seriously. As a guy, my view is that the best thing a girl can do is be frank about her disinterest in a guy who shows interest in her. Far too many girls will milk any attention they get for all it's worth just to increase their own self-esteem (the whole phenomenon in which they go around "complaining" that "some creep keeps hitting on me," while blatantly encouraging it whenever they're around said "creep" ... yeah, I see it constantly and it makes me sick).

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Probably....they've had about 20 years to notice me. Now, it's almost too late.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good for you, seriously. As a guy, my view is that the best thing a girl can do is be frank about her disinterest in a guy who shows interest in her. Far too many girls will milk any attention they get for all it's worth just to increase their own self-esteem (the whole phenomenon in which they go around "complaining" that "some creep keeps hitting on me," while blatantly encouraging it whenever they're around said "creep" ... yeah, I see it constantly and it makes me sick).
You are so right..i hate it too.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Yeah, I think it's kind of sad, in my opinion. I've seen it a lot, too.
If you don't like someone, be frank about it. Why play with emotions or lead someone on, it's just wasting time (you could be focusing on someone else and so could they) and possibly hurting the other person's feelings.

That's just my take on it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
You know, I did everything I possibily could before starting my current relationship... 5 years later, hes still here!
But yes, I still do.. drive people away from becomming too close. Either that, or I cease all contact with them until they disappear. I think its my way of dealing with a loss or rejection before it happens.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i don't think i drive away guys, unless i don't like them i which case i don't want to lead them on. i think i might drive away a lot of guys and not realize it, i might come off as cold sometimes when i actually like someone, but im just really shy and i need time to get used to new people.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Yes, I have driven some men to various places on purpose as like when I was in my twenties I used to drive my older brother around because he lost his license. Actually I have driven all my immediate male family members places that were away from where we were to begin with. Also, the next door male neighbor and his son sometimes needed a ride and that was quite a ways away, yes. It was 3 towns over. I have driven male co-workers home and also used to give a ride to the grandfather of my friend at church quite frequently. All on purpose, planned out. I only did it on accident once when my friends brother hid in my backseat of my car and I didn't know it til we got to the destination which was a way.

·
Banned
791 Posts
No idea. Probably to an extent. I'm getting more into the idea that having a significant other is not really important. I'm selfish and want to find out what makes me tick and go out and do that. I don't need someone else in my life to complete me or make me happy. I am responsible for my own happiness and choices in life.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Yeah, part of it is SA. I often avoid the attention or don't reciprocate. I probably come off as a jerk, but it's better than setting someone up for disappointment or trying to explain something to them later.

·
Registered
290 Posts
sometimes but i usually tell them all my bad qualities because i'm scared that if they notice them themselves they won't really like the real me (that way if they're still interested i feel a lot more confident around them), i usually keep the good qualities to myself unless they notice them.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
If they seem interested in me I do because 99% of the time they aren't someone I like back. Actually I'm pretty distant and aloof with just about everybody, I need to think somebody is really really super awesome before I'll let them get close to me.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts