a ukelele
a mandolin
a concertina
a bodhrán (Irish drum)
bongo drums
a couple of tacky harmonicas
about twenty whistles of all shapes, sizes, and notes
a recorder
loads of random percussion instruments (tambourine, triangle, maracas, one of those wooden blocks that you scrape, etc)

I play none of these things.

So what do you play?

·
Registered
133 Posts
LOL! Great post, whiterabbit!

I have a performance degree in piano, but it's pretty useless! I've played organ, percussion and French Horn in a past life...

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
Guitar and bass. I've also have some knowledge when it comes to programming synthesizers, drum machines, sequencers, etc.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
Flute.

Resulting in endless "this one time, at band camp" jokes through high school. :(

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
I played trombone in high school and college, but haven't touched it since (eight years), so I'm out of practice to say the least.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Woah Id love to start playing again. I used to play clarinet and tenor sax in high school, at the time it was just more of a chance to get out of class and out of lunch breaks, so Id have somewhere to go. I hated it in school. But now Im older Id love to start sax again.

·
Registered
931 Posts
If there is one thing I love in life it is playing music. My main instrument is the saxophone and I'm really good at it since I've been playing for a while. I dabble on piano and now I'm teaching myself guitar since it's quiet and portable.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
my grandma convinced me to take piano lessons, I stopped at about the end of 6th grade because I was going to visit my mom for a couple months and never started it up again when I got back home.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Piano-I took lessons for 6 years.- Always refuse to play in front of others - I'm a party pooper!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I played the clarinet and flute a long time ago. I can still play the piano a little. I've tried to teach myself guitar but haven't had any success.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
i can play trumpet and guitar. i have a trumpet and an acoustic and electric guitar. i want to learn piano/keyboard to play those smooth r&b 90's hits.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,036 Posts
Guittar, bass, & drums

In my house we have:

4 acoustic guitars
an electric guitar
2 fiddles
a piano
a keyboard
a clarinet
a ukelele
a mandolin
a concertina
a bodhrán (Irish drum)
bongo drums
a couple of tacky harmonicas
about twenty whistles of all shapes, sizes, and notes
a recorder
loads of random percussion instruments (tambourine, triangle, maracas, one of those wooden blocks that you scrape, etc)

I play none of these things.

So what do you play?
Indeed I would love to have all that in addition to my gear

Flute.

Resulting in endless "this one time, at band camp" jokes through high school. :(
Personally I think that the flute & flutes of all kind should be used way more often, they have such a calming sound

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Nope, never learned to play anything.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts