• yes

Votes: 53 63.1%
  • no

Votes: 31 36.9%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
No. I'd like to learn to play the piano or the guitar, but I don't have the motivation or patience to teach myself and probably wouldn't take lessons due to anxiety (unless it was from someone I knew). Also, I live in a condo and worry about annoying the neighbors. I bought a harmonica awhile back, but haven't practiced it because I'm too concerned about the neighbors.

If I ever get a house with a basement, I'm going to make a room that is almost sound proof where I can crank up my stereo and not worry about annoying others.

·
Registered
270 Posts
No, but I wish I did. I love the stringed instruments most, especially the violin.

My dad used to play all sorts of wind instruments: the flute, clarinet, saxophone. He doesn't really do it much anymore, but I really admire that about him.

·
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If music wasn't a part of your life at age five or less, you're not as smart as you could have been. I learned this on national geographic channel.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
If music wasn't a part of your life at age five or less, you're not as smart as you could have been. I learned this on national geographic channel.
one of the very few things i really really wish my parents had done differently when raising me was get me to learn piano at a young age.

anyway yes, i played violin for 5 years and flute for 9 years.

i really wish i had continued violin instead of opting for flute when i got into high school because i was better at it. i love strings and i listen to quite a bit of music that has violins.

i used to know some songs on guitar but that was years ago. i really want to start playing something again and my brother left his bass here so i might pick that up. i'll probably just learn some of my favourite bass lines...

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Interesting, I remembered the late years of disco (1978-1980) and wanted to play the clarinet at five and the flute at six. I play them both now :).

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I've played piano since I was 6 but I suck because I only ever practiced right before my lesson. It can be really fun when I actually put some effort into a song and start to like it though.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I unofficially play the guitar and piano. I suck eggs at both.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I'm working on piano (since one year ago), starting cello, and I took a guitar class this summer. I have to wait until I have a guitar again to get back to that, though, since my old one fell over and broke about 20 minutes before my final!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I always wanted to when I was younger but was never very musically inclined.

·
Registered
215 Posts
No. I wish I did though. I always wanted to learn to play the piano or violin.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
No. I played piano as a child, and bass guitar as a teenager. I haven't touched either in years.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
I used to play the trumpet in elementary school. I was pretty good! And I liked it. But then I moved and couldn't do it anymore. My family didn't have money for it at the time. When I was playing trumpet...well, my music teacher liked how good I was doing in choir and basically sponsored me so I could be in band, too. Yeah. From then on out I just did choir through middle school cuz it was less expensive. So I guess my voice was my instrument for a while! I tried to pick up keyboard and guitar but no money for lessons and I'm pretty bad at teaching myself things for more than a day haha. In high school my social anxiety came up and I stopped choir.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
i'd give my left arm to be able to drum...even though that'd make it harder. It seems my hands and legs are tied to each other so i cant do 2 different movements at the same time

can play guitar but i wish i was better. but like everything else i dont have the patience to put in more work than i have to. usually give up trying to learn a song if i dont get the gist in the first 10 minutes

1 - 20 of 49 Posts