Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this to be true of myself. Any time I'm in a crowd, I get really irritated.

Even today, I was at the thrift shop looking around and there were all these other shoppers huddled near where I was. I was getting really annoyed and wanted them to get away from me.

I think in general, people bug me. I think I'm just extra sensitive to little things like personal space, or noises, etc. (HSP, anyone?) I was in the public bathroom earlier and it was annoying me that there was a dude talking on the phone while taking a leak. I mean, c'mon, bud, put the phone down and call back after you're done!

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
People near me make me nervous, and crowds are overwhelming. I don't necessarily get irritated at them, but I do get stressed out by their presence and find it difficult to impossible to function when I'm surrounded by people.

·
Regretful still.
1,595 Posts
I know this to be true of myself. Any time I'm in a crowd, I get really irritated.

Even today, I was at the thrift shop looking around and there were all these other shoppers huddled near where I was. I was getting really annoyed and wanted them to get away from me.

I think in general, people bug me. I think I'm just extra sensitive to little things like personal space, or noises, etc. (HSP, anyone?) I was in the public bathroom earlier and it was annoying me that there was a dude talking on the phone while taking a leak. I mean, c'mon, bud, put the phone down and call back after you're done!
Lol I'm the same way with people, they just bug me. I hate when people sit/stand near me on otherwise empty trains and buses. I hate it when people walk behind me but close enough so that I know they're behind me. I cross the street when people are walking on the same side of the street as me, but the other side is empty. I have an extreme sense of personal space. I dislike people being near me or touching me at all.

Noises :no... My brother is in the living room right now, eating. I can hear him smacking his lips as he eats. It's disgusting and makes me so irritated. :mum

·
Haters to the left.
No alarms and no surprises
2,726 Posts
People bug me too. I feel exhausted when I'm around too many people for long periods of time. I value my alone time very much, but at the same time, I think I would go insane if I didn't talk to at least one person during the day.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I often do the crossing the street thing if I need to cross anyway and someone is on the sidewalk approaching me ahead! Or if there's a narrow aisle at the store that's got one or more people in it, I'll go to the next aisle that's empty and take that one instead to get through.

On the other hand, I'll also go nuts if I don't at least talk to one person in the day (could be someone serving me coffee even).

When I was sick at home from work a few weeks ago, I went nuts kept inside. I had to go for a walk in the afternoon just so I could get some fresh air and least see other human beings. So it's not all avoidance.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
I don't like going to crowded places. This is why I do my shopping early in the morning to avoid people. You would never catch me in Wal-Mart in the afternnoon.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
I spend my day at work n my desk is surrounded by crowd of people..i mentally visualise that m dragging them away from my desk,just shouting at them -go away,spare me..i wish I could really do that.i just dnt want people to lurk around my desk..i wanna go for a HR executive so that atleast clients dnt irritate..

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
I spend my day at work n my desk is surrounded by crowd of people..i mentally visualise that m dragging them away from my desk,just shouting at them -go away,spare me..i wish I could really do that.i just dnt want people to lurk around my desk..i wanna go for a HR executive so that atleast clients dnt irritate..
Are you a telemarketing? I heard that was an ideal job in your country to get. Here it is not the best paying job. I been getting plenty of calls from Indian telemarketers lately.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
Are you a telemarketing? I heard that was an ideal job in your country to get. Here it is not the best paying job. I been getting plenty of calls from Indian telemarketers lately.
No I work at a bank in front desk division...thats a retail job

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
I can relate to you people and this topic whole-heartedly. A couple of times in the the past month I just got fed up of people and wanted to be home already. Those weren't necessarily even bad days or anything, I just felt like I wanted to be alone. People just bothered me for some reason.

I find I live those exact words in the thread title more and more with each passing day. There are times where I just want to be by myself, and of course, it's those instances where people suddenly come out of nowhere and hang around me. Whether they're just hovering around me (cause they want my spot) or just pulling up to me and being loud, obnoxious, and just plain annoying, people seem to effortlessly get on my nerves. But I realize that this is more of an issue with me. I can't just tune stuff like this out.

I'm in NYC and walking the streets is a big issue with me. I'm a very fast walker, so at the right area at the right time I can get incredibly frustrated because not only does everyone walk slllllllooooooowwww, but they don't walk evenly. So I pretty much have to dodge everyone every split second. It doesn't help when people get in front of you and walk slow, so that they turn their head to the side as if they think you're some stalker.

Ugh, I need to get out of here for a while maybe.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I start to feel claustrophobic when i'm around more than 2 people (strangers only). It starts to get hard for me to breathe and I just have to leave. I work at a store so this is kind of an issue.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Yes and yes, I hate it when people invade my bubble. I avoid crowds and people that like to give "friendly hugs". I know they're just trying to be nice but I don't really enjoy being that close to someone I barely know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts