Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cool :)
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am i the only one who can sometimes make friends, but eventually a couple days, or even 2 weeks barely, they stop talking to you, etc.?
i feel like i lose more friends than I gain.. i dont know whats wrong with me. i have alot of things to talk about but they just seem to leave quickly.

then i see them have friends from when they were little, and they dont even go to the same school as eachother, yet they still talk.
i wish i knew how i can keep a friend for a long time, i have no childhood friends. sometimes i get jelous of people whove been friends since they were little kids.

·
Hopeless Realist
48 Posts
Keeping friends is really difficult, and I can sympathize with you there. The people I meet almost always have way more friends than I do, so of course they don't need or even want my friendship nearly as much as I need/want theirs. My priority is convincing them that being my friend is worth their time. If you're the same way, then I think that's what you need to do. Just be there and be available. Maintaining a friendship requires work from both people.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I seem to have a 5 year time limit. Once that mark is met, we've "grown apart."

·
MGS3Eva
27 Posts
As soon as I make a friend, they always drift away. Maybe it's because you make an effort to be outgoing and all and they get to know you like that but then after a while your SA kicks in again and then you're all quiet and that's how they drift away? I don't know. But I find it happens that way for me. How do people make keeping a friend look so easy??

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keeping friends is really difficult, and I can sympathize with you there. The people I meet almost always have way more friends than I do, so of course they don't need or even want my friendship nearly as much as I need/want theirs. My priority is convincing them that being my friend is worth their time. If you're the same way, then I think that's what you need to do. Just be there and be available. Maintaining a friendship requires work from both people.
I see where your going. I'm a fun and trustworthy person, but I can get a little too wild. I got me and my bestfriend arrested a couple weeks ago, she already has new best friends and I'm completely jelous an bummed. Now I'm kind of alone :/

·
Registered
464 Posts
As soon as I make a friend, they always drift away. Maybe it's because you make an effort to be outgoing and all and they get to know you like that but then after a while your SA kicks in again and then you're all quiet and that's how they drift away? I don't know. But I find it happens that way for me. How do people make keeping a friend look so easy??
This is usually what happens to me if I actually do put any effort into trying to make a friend. I get worked up, feel the adrenalin and try to be as outgoing as possible and first day or two will go ok then I feel like I cant keep it up anymore and regress back to my normal shy self.

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not gonna lie, I'd rather be a loner than to have a friend and lose them quickly. I just don't understand human behavior sometimes.

What are reasons why someone would want to be friends with someone other than popularity?I'm not being conceited, but I'm a good looking girl, I come from a wealthy group of people, I'm a sweet, loyal, fun person, what else do people want from me? Only men seem to be interested, but they still come and go as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.