Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
SHY soldier
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

On the last 5 years, having went through much stress ,my skin color paled & many wrinkles showed on my forehead.

Although i don't notice much difference regarding my aging face, still some friends do not recognize me when i run into them...& it takes them sometime before recognizing who i am and say "Oh hello, that is you, U have changed!'..

it kind of put me down...
do U go through somethings like that.
Thanks for reading :) :) :)

·
BB King
88 Posts
No, sir. I have a baby face so I look younger than what I am. People saying you've changed shouldn't put you down. Why does that bother you?

·
c'est moi
5,888 Posts
Don't worry about "you've changed." Maybe it's for the better, yeah?

Uhm, well I used to look older when I was in my teens and early 20s. People always thought I was 25, but now people think I'm younger. ??? Maybe the same will happen to you.

Try moisturizers too. :D

·
SHY soldier
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, sir. I have a baby face so I look younger than what I am. People saying you've changed shouldn't put you down. Why does that bother you?
Because it means that by the time i am 35 i will look like 49....
and .........................by the time i am 40 i will look like 65....

This applies also to general fitness issues...:) :) :)

·
SAS Member
13,225 Posts
I don't really know. I haven't had people comment on it in awhile (maybe because I've mostly avoided people over the past few years), but last I knew, people thought I looked younger than my age. I think I've aged a lot over the past couple of years, though, and maybe look my age or older? I hope not.

·
Unhappy forever.
4,942 Posts
Yes, I look old for my age. It's a curse. :|

·
castor sacs
7,092 Posts
No. I've been told too many times I look like a preteen. :sigh

Even my mum tends to comment that I look like I'm still in middle school, and kids in my grade always seem to mistake me for a freshman. I'm always handed the kids' menu at restaurants, too. I guess it has to do with my appearance and how I carry myself and generally act; it's all rather disconcerting as I'm going to college next year and I'd like to appear at least a semi-mature young adult.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
lol hell no, people astill think I'm 16. I was making progress but my facial hair growth came to a stand still.

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I was about to attend college, a friend of my mom thought I was about to start high school. When I registered to vote, the lady stopped me. She thought I was 12.

Sometimes, though, I look in the mirror and think how old I am. Maybe it's just my low self-esteem. I guess I look young because I don't wear makeup and I am not sophisticated when it comes to fashion. I am also short which I really hate.

·
totally destroying it
4,484 Posts
People generally guess my age. I've never been told I look older, and the youngest age people have guessed is 18, which isn't really that much younger.

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
People usually think i'm around 16. I have about as many gray hairs as someone in their late 30s-early 40s, though, but they're all in the front.

·
perpetually bland
1,604 Posts
I've been mistaken for being 14 a few times.

Probably doesn't help that I don't really dress like a 17 year old.

·
Banned
4,253 Posts
Because it means that by the time i am 35 i will look like 49....
and .........................by the time i am 40 i will look like 65....

This applies also to general fitness issues...:) :) :)
Go for superfoods if you want to prevent aging. Thats where it's at.

·
Banned
4,253 Posts
I think I look younger, been told I look older too though. Who looks their exact age anyway?

·
The Nobody
92 Posts
I was told I looked about 16 when I was 12, but now I don't know anymore... I'm only 18, so I hope I don't look 22. I personally don't think I do but I haven't asked for anyone else's opinion.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts