Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do. I've always tried to live within 15 minutes driving time. I think I would feel anxious to be too far away from home. I also get stressed about driving on highways and dealing with crazy traffic in the morning. Not sure if it's related to anxiety or what. I also go home for lunch almost every day and hang out with my kitties.

·
one stop away
1,454 Posts
Yes, I live about 15 minutes away from my work and I go home for lunch every day. I like working close by where I live. I once turned down a good paying job that was more than 45 minutes away--I can't imagine dealing with the traffic every day.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
It's a 15-minute drive in good traffic conditions, but with transit it's about an hour. This summer I was a twenty-five minute walk from my position, and that was pretty much amazing.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Nope, takes me about 50mins to an hour one way, every day. I don't mind it though, have good music playing and a really fun car to drive.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
It takes me about 45 minutes door-to-door to walk, get a couple of buses, and wait for the couple of buses. Takes about an hour to get home after work.

I've walked it before and it took me two hours, but I didn't know the shortest route to go so it could be quicker.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
I live 10 minutes away unless the Portage Lift bridge goes up to let a ship through. One time the bridge got stuck in the up position for two hours. I had to hang out at my fathers house until they got it fixed. Only way across unless I swim or take a boat across the canal. I use to live 26 miles away which was alright in the summer, but winter it was a big pain. I only had a RWD van at the time and it was a miracle I got to work most days. Usually the snow piled up to my knee when I left in the morning, and the highway was very tricky.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Takes me an hour to get to work. Big city and lots of traffic sucks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I work just down the road from where I live. I can walk if I want, though I don't like to because people stare.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
It takes me usually less than 15 minutes, which is a very welcome change from the 90 minutes each way for my last job.

·
Don't text me, bro
788 Posts
It takes me 30 minutes to get to work and an hour to get home.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
An hour on the tube. ****ing ****.
Used to be an hour and a half, so small improvement there...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts