Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember when I was a kid at church the music was boring to me, it's not something I would listen to. I am not even that religious anymore. I was always into hip hop and started listening to christian hip hop and didn't expect some of it to be actually good. Here is an example btw:

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Occasionally - the music I praise to is contemporary.
"Just Between You and Me" by dcTalk is a cool one.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Well .. when i'm listenin i prefer the older hymnal type music .. i find the more 'modern' christian music .. sounds too much like other music ..which kinda defeats the purpose for me.

I just can't feel the religious vibe, if the song reminds me off 50 cent or rihanna.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I like to listen to Christian music, it helps me to keep Christ on my mind. Sometimes a lot of it sounds generic though, and I find I can't listen to some of it for this reason. Here is one I like

My Jesus by Todd Agnew:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not Christian so I do not seek out Christian music. But the one exception I have is for a Christian Ska band called Five Iron Frenzy. I downloaded a discography a year or two back but I only really enjoyed sixteen or so songs from their recordings. Out of those songs the ones that delved heavily into faith I simply skipped, but there are a couple good ones where they discuss the hypocrisy of some believers and churches.

Something I truly don't understand though is Christian Death/Black Metal, it just leaves me dazed and confused.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I'm not Christian, but I do, on occasion, tune into our local Christian station. A lot of their music can be very uplifting.... And I do like Creed.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
I love a lot of classic/traditional gospel music. Can't say I'm interested in Christian rock or anything "contemporary," though.

·
Banned
2,120 Posts
I love Christian music! I listen to contemporary usually...songs like "Crucified with Christ" by Philips, Craig and Dean

·
Registered
28 Posts
One of my favorite bands is Casting Crowns.

This song makes me cry every time I listen to it just because it really puts in perspective to me that all though I may be going through a bad situation now, He is there with me always and will get me through this storm.

Even if you're not a Christian, its a very powerful song.

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
One of my problems with Christian pop music is that it presents eternal truths in a medium that's custom-made to be quickly forgotten. Like Cliffsnotes.

Of course, if it has you tapping your foot and feeling good, who am I to grouse?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Errrrm Underoath are christian...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm not a fan of the Christian genre of music per se, like all that "Hallelujah, praise Jesus!" stuff, but I do rather like stuff with Christian undertones in it. Stuff that could be interpreted as either secular or religious, pretty much.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts