Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(note: i guess this applies to universities).

i want to do this. with my book. i want to lie on my back and hold my book up to my face so it obscures it from birds flying overhead, and i want to read the book.

oh yeah and i want to put a pen on top of me, so i can pick it up when need be to underline or circle something.

i like the sun and i like procured laws so much (the sun because it is warm and it implies the sky being blue, which dazzles my eyes in a pleasant way and uplifts my spirits, and the procured lawn because they lack the insects and rodents of the traditional savannahs humans evolved on).

i'm kind of apprehensive about it though because i don't want to feel lonely. trying new thing by myself always makes me lonely. doing things i'm accustomed to by myself is not as bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see heaps of people doing this at my Uni. I've never read on a lawn, but I have sat and sketched by myself, It's relaxing and feels calming.
I don't see why anyone would see it as weird, reading is usually a solitary activity anyway! Haha. And if you have friends in classes or something, tell them to meet you there later. Then you can feel 'accustomed' to sitting on the lawn with both friends and your book.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
(note: i guess this applies to universities).

i want to do this. with my book. i want to lie on my back and hold my book up to my face so it obscures it from birds flying overhead, and i want to read the book.

oh yeah and i want to put a pen on top of me, so i can pick it up when need be to underline or circle something.

i like the sun and i like procured laws so much (the sun because it is warm and it implies the sky being blue, which dazzles my eyes in a pleasant way and uplifts my spirits, and the procured lawn because they lack the insects and rodents of the traditional savannahs humans evolved on).

i'm kind of apprehensive about it though because i don't want to feel lonely. trying new thing by myself always makes me lonely. doing things i'm accustomed to by myself is not as bad.
I've always wondered what university you go to?

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
lol really? :b. okay. i go to san francisco state.

i wonder what you think of this
It's fortune it's going to be biased, aside from that thiel is an investor he doesn't think in technological visionary terms, all he cares about is money. Google inovates far more than apple (after jobs's death), microsoft, or thiel's beloved paypal do, I mean come on a search engine that wants to go to build space elevators, awesome :boogie. I like google because it isn't an uptight corporation, but it still needs to make money so I hate it for that.

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's fortune it's going to be biased, aside from that thiel is an investor he doesn't think in technological visionary terms. Google inovates far more than apple (after jobs's death), microsoft, or thiel's beloved paypal do, I mean come on a search engine that wants to go to build space elevators, awesome :boogie. I like google because it isn't an uptight corporation, but it still needs to make money so I hate it for that.
yeah he praises it relative to everything else but not compared to what he thinks technology companies could be doing with their resources. my sense is he does think in technological visionary terms (he donated millions to SENS and SIAI) and so do some other investors, like steve jurveston, who are more like venture capitalists. but it's true he also has hedge fund which follows lower risk investing strategies.

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
I used to feel weird sitting alone on the quad on warm days, but when I finally tried it, it was so peaceful that I did it as much as I could before it got too cold. A lot of people at my university sit on the quad alone.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
yeah he praises it relative to everything else but not compared to what he thinks technology companies could be doing with their resources. my sense is he does think in technological visionary terms (he donated millions to SENS and SIAI) and so do some other investors, like steve jurveston, who are more like venture capitalists. but it's true he also has hedge fund which follows lower risk investing strategies.
He does have a tech sense, as he invested in facebook and stuff like that, but he mostly did it for the returns, he new facebook would be big.

·
Parsimonious Postgraduate
1,067 Posts
I usually take a blanket out to lay out on the ground...being a Biology major and knowing what parasites lurk on the ground I'd rather lie on a blanket then on bare ground, lol. Besides, the Canadian Geese are on campus and poop everywhere, there is no way that I'm lying on the grass if it might have their excrement.

I usually lie down on a bench in campus with my book bag as a pillow and study. I used to feel odd, but I realized that no one stares at me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts