Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you like scary movies?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you like scary movies? I love them! Not the blood and guts kind but the suspenseful ones that make me scream or hide under a blanket! :)

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
Love em!!! Though it end up laughing at a lot of em cuz it takes a whole lot to scare me.. like The Ring :afr :lol

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Sometimes... depends on the type of scary. Is it scary due to a good story and good acting? Or is it scary because there's a lot of blood & guts?

I liked the Ring and Saw, but I wouldn't bother watching a slasher movie.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I tend to only like ones that are parodies or comedies. Or ones where the characters are so obnoxious you just can't wait for them to get killed off.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Horror is my favorite genre. Sadly, nothing seems to really scare me anymore though.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
My favorite horror movies are ones that make you think rather than scary ones.

I think it comes from having to watch The Exorcist :twisted when I was 6 (yes, six :eek). Most kids had the boogeyman in their bedrooms; I had the "Exorcist Girl" under my bed waiting to come up, turn her head around and puke on me :puke. It wasn't until I was 11 that I found out that it was robotics :tiptoe. After all of that, I still really feel bad for Linda Blair :fall. She is a pretty and talented actress who has never been able to shake that role :evil.

·
SAS Member
14,483 Posts
I like scary movies, but after playing all those scary video games, the movies are not so scary anymore :stu

·
Registered
193 Posts
Even though I get startled pretty easily, I love horror movies.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I love horror, but it doesn't scare me that much anymore, some nights though they do.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I hate scary movies. Of all kinds. I can't find anything good about them. I've seen very few and I've disliked them all. I find all that pointless killing very annoying, I just can't understand it. Maybe there's a certain "language" you have to speak in order to enjoy them, maybe I would have had to grow up watching them or something.

Reactions: dullard

·
Registered
742 Posts
I like movies like Wrong Turn or Final Destination.. the Ring was a bit creepy in a sense

1 - 20 of 41 Posts