Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally don't. They are generally boring and don't express any humor. I get frustrated and start acting mean towards them. I only like social and funny people, and that's a bit of a problem since I have SA myself.
I'd also hate having a quiet girlfriend, I could only use quiet girls for sex. I once had a social gf full of energy, but she thought that I was too boring because of my SA/depression/non-personality, so she dumped me.
I've also disliked nerds from young age, even though I myself am nerdy. Never really wanted to go to those nerd-groups. I was only happy when I was around funny and social people.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
So you yourself are like the people you despise being around? >_> thats what I got from this...

·
Mooltipass!
997 Posts
Seems a bit like you don't like hanging around people with s.a because they reflect yours. Perhaps it makes you uncomfortable. Personally, I have met lots of people with s.a who are far from boring. In fact, some of the most interesting people Ive ever gotten to know are from this site. While its good to keep company with positive people, your post seems to indicate you are running away from yourself a little bit.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If I didn't I wouldn't be around here, right?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree that it sounds like you are trying to run away from a part of yourself..the shy part. Oftentimes we reject certain parts of ourselves or we reject others that remind us of parts of ourselves that we do not like. The more you do this, the more the shy/quiet part of you will dominate your personality. Because when we reject a part of ourselves, either internally or externally that part is being continually abandoned and hurt...and therefore not healed and processed causing it to want your attention even more because our brains want to process and intergrates our parts that have been fractured off from our true "self". So in other words, the more you ignore that part of yourself or decide that "all people with SA are boring, have no sense of humor, etc" the more you will attract people with SA in your life -or- the more that SA part of yourself will dominate your social experiences. Your dislike for people with SA is only an attempt to rid yourself of this part inside of you.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
People are complex beings. Even those with SA. Everyone has a unique personality even if they or others think them boring.

People aren't defined by their SA. I'm gonna like people with it & dislike people with it.

Bleh... In short - yes, I do like them generally. They usually are smarter & more intuitive.

·
poison apple
4,058 Posts
Exactly how many people with SA do you know irl? I'm guessing not a lot.

From what you've written here, it seems like you have a lot of internalized hatred towards yourself, and are projecting that onto every other person with SA. My suggestion to you would be to work on loving and accepting yourself for who you are.

There are a lot of people here who are funny, witty, and interesting.

And cool story that you'd like to use quiet girls for sex. You sound like a real upstanding citizen.

559 Posts
^ What she said is very true. OP, this site should be an indication of what a wide array of personality types there are for people with SA. I don't think it's fair you are rejecting people with similar personality qualities to yours. How would you feel if that was done to you? In fact, you claim that a past gf had done so, so was that appealing to you? Probably not. Also, saying you use any women for sex, especially quiet/shy girls, who are likely all the more hesitant of opening up and trusting people is quite low. Such a jerkish thing to do and say, especially on this site. Quite senseless, really. :no Hope you have a change of heart OP.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've also always hated nerds even though I am kind of nerdy. In MY experience nerds can be just as mean as "normal" people. The problem with me is I'm not "nerdy" enough to fit in with nerds but I'm also not "normal" enough to fit in with normal people. I basically don't fit in with anyone, one of the many reasons I don't have friends.

I'm also terrible with other quiet people. The two of us won't say anything so it's even more awkward. At least if the person is a little bit talkative you can answer their questions.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Guy, are you a troll? You seem to specialize in sweeping generalizations and an all around dense persona. I look forward to your "girls have it easier than guys" thread.

·
Forever in Fantasy
560 Posts
i like boring people who, when they do open their mouth, have something good to say.
i like the feeling of having someone next to me.

i even probably prefer said person to not talk.

:|

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I've never had any communication with anyone suffering from SA other than on this site. I don't think I'd pass any negative judgement on a person's personality unless they could, by action or vocalisation, communicate their personality to me. Someone with SA is unlikely to be able to do that.

If it wasn't for the communicative barriers of SA, I expect we would find the population suffering from it to contain the normal latitude of personalities we see elsewhere. That seems to come across on this site, where, ignoring specific discussion of SA, you could be forgiven for thinking you were on any other generic forum.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I only know of me that has SA so I cant tell , Supposedly everyone has some amount of SA. Mine has decreased over time and probably better then it was a few years ago. I am able to do karaoke in front of an audience and not get bothered by it.
Steve

·
Kafkaesque
172 Posts
I wish everyone left me alone, that's all I want. I've never met someone I genuinely wanted to befriend, and I don't think I'll ever will. Not that I hate people or think I'm too superior for them, but I'm just too self-conscious and introverted to socialize. I like being a loner. I don't want to do anything with people in general. Even kids who are pathetically shy compared to normal kids are outgoing enough to drive me crazy. People either scare me to death or bore me to death, and I'm sure most people with SA belong to the latter, so I won't enjoy meeting them.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts