Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 3 musicals I adore- The Phantom of the Opera, Fiddler on the Roof and Les Mis. Most musicals really irritate me,I suppose I'm not sophisticated enough to enjoy them. I like to feel immersed in the show as if it's real and when they keep breaking into song it really irritates me.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just remembered-I also like My Fair Lady.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I love musicals!

My favorites:
The Pirates of Penzance
Les Chansons d'Amour
The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
An American in Paris
West Side Story
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Sweeney Todd
Jesus Christ Superstar
Dreamgirls
Cabaret
The Wiz

·
Registered
718 Posts
I don't mind musicals, but then I haven't been to many. I was lucky enough to see Phantom of the Opera in the West End which I really enjoyed. However I do find that musicals can be annoying if they constantly break into a song and dance number. Wouldn't mind seeing Chicago or the Producers though. I'm probably more into ballet just because it is so beautiful to watch.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Just Two.....Gypsy and The Music Man

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I love musicals, Gene Kelly is one of my favourite actors of all time. His dancing in An American In Paris just blows my mind. I'm really looking forward to seeing Nine this winter, partly cause its a musical and partly cause Daniel Day Lewis is in it.

·
making awesome awesomer
587 Posts
Normally i dont like them that much but i did like Sweeny Todd and a Nightmare before Christmas.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I'm not a huge fan, but once in awhile they're alright. I'm still bitter that my ex went to see Evil Dead without me.

- 20 minutes of musical fun.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
For the most part I really don't like them but as a kid I loved the movie Newsies for some reason.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I hated Miss Saigon.

I have tickets to see Les Miz in Feb 2010. I cannot wait, I am SO excited!!!

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
I love Phantom of the Opera. I used to know it by heart. I'm not sure if I do anymore though...

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I never really liked musicals...until I saw Sweet Charity on Broadway. Sooo entertaining. I really want to see Billy Elliot and Monty Python's Spamalot musicals someday.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts