Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like a lot of people here like hugs, both real and virtual. :hug

Am I the only one who hates being hugged? I've never really understood why people insist on hugging before saying good bye, or as a way of saying good bye. Why is putting your body up against another persons body necessary to any farewell? I accept the hug as to not be rude, but hate when people invade my space and touch me :eek

·
Winter is coming
2,650 Posts
I haven't been hugged in almost 2 years lol
Hugs are awesome, unless they're from a guy, that makes me feel uncomfortable.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
I like virtual hugs :squeeze, however in real life not so much. I won't let a guy hug me and if It's a non family female I would feel really awkward, nobody really hugs me though.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Yeah I do. It's very comforting to me, like saying "I care about you".

·
Banned
2,770 Posts
Only with people that I want to hug. Otherwise it can get very uncomfortable. I'm not really a touchy feely person in general. It creeps me out when random people touch me. Both men and women.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
I'm not much of a fan. I remember going to those stupid youth conferences, and there would always be people giving out free hugs... just stay away from me.

Physical contact is so weird.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
I like being hugged :squeeze

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
i want to hug someone i have affection for who doesn't mind being hugged (if they want to be hugged that would be even better). not a hug out of formality. i've had those, and they don't really hit the spot. they can be nice but they can also be awkward.

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
No. No, no, no, no. I hate hugs. I hate the whole process of hugging and I hate the social obligation of hugging. I'm gonna start saying I have mites or full body herpes so that I can avoid hugging. Hate it.

·
perpetually bland
1,604 Posts
It's very awkward to me. I even feel awkward when my family hugs me. It's worse when people I don't know very well do.. I especially hate when my therapist does. I'd rather she punch me in the face.

·
Banned
4,424 Posts
I feel super awkward when somebody gives me a hug. I would rather have a handshake or just verbally say hello/goodbye. I don't really like hugs.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts