• Never

Votes: 23 65.7%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you sometimes lie about your age?

I sometimes do. I look younger than I am so I feel like why not just say I am the age that I appear to be. :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
No. I am truthful if asked. I just don't go around volunteering the info. :D

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
yes, indirectly when i pay for the bus on the way to school (i still pay the 17 and under fee :b).

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
I'm not sure I see the point.

It's going to come out eventually, and for anyone who's really worth your time, starting things off with a lie doesn't seem particularly prudent.

^ This, I would except if all you're looking for is a fling.
I tell them on the first date; well if I plan on seeing them again. I don't see the big deal about it. I won't lie by more than 5 years.

For a fling I might not tell them at all.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes I always lie about my personal info on local forums (i usually say I'm 33, married with children, and sometimes I say I'm a man, and sometimes I say that I don't have a webcaaaaaaaaaaaam!)

·
Insane Member
179 Posts
No fair!

There was no "Always" button! :eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, I lie about my age all the time. Why? Because I'm too ashamed to tell people my real age (34). People expect someone my age to be a successful man in life, and I'm anything but. I have a job that pays me about 15k per year, and I live at home with my parents.

I look like I'm around 25, so people don't believe me when I tell them my real age anyways. So to save all that extra embarrassment I just lie... and they believe me and see me in a little better light for it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes, I lie about my age all the time. Why? Because I'm too ashamed to tell people my real age (34). People expect someone my age to be a successful man in life, and I'm anything but. I have a job that pays me about 15k per year, and I live at home with my parents.

I look like I'm around 25, so people don't believe me when I tell them my real age anyways. So to save all that extra embarrassment I just lie... and they believe me and see me in a little better light for it.
I am in the same situation. I am actually 37, haven't had a regular job since 2009 (only scattered temp jobs), in extreme debt and don't have any friends let alone a spouse or girlfriend. I never tell people my real age - the few people I have interacted with thought I was in my late 20's.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts