Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
This will be my 4th year. I wrote about 5,000 words or less the last 2 years but the year before that I wrote 39,000 words so I know I can do it. Just this November is my first November with a full time job :/

Good luck to any one taking part!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm only going to have November available from the 18th onwards but I still want to do it. 50000, though...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Seems pretty interesting, and sounds like fun. I don't know if I'm up to the task though. 50,000 words: I don't put nearly that much effort into school as it is, and me thinks that would only decrease that effort, haha. But I suppose it won't hurt to give it a go. I can always stop if it becomes an obstacle I guess.

·
Somewhere but not here.
1,802 Posts
sounds interesting...if only I could find words to write.
I don't have problems coming up with what to write, just how.

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
I tried it the year before last, while I was in Germany (a friend of mine in my exchange program got me into it). Didn't get anywhere near the required number or words, but I did get a fair amount written.

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
Hah, that sounds really fun :) I'm not sure if I would be able to not obsess over words & coherence though... I have enough trouble writing short posts on here as it is. (it took me five edits for this post alone)

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
coolio!! i wanna do it =D

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
I've participated in NaNoWriMo twice. Considering my job requires a heavy amount of writing, it is not easy to go home and sit in front of the computer, pounding another two thousand words each day. But I reached 50,000 words both times.

My favorite part is the "worst sentence comparison." There should be a worst sentence award. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm thinking about it. I'm currently editing my second book, and I have two more to follow. So who knows. I just might give it a whirl, even though I do work at my own pace. I think it'd be a wonderful challenge.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
this sounds cool. I signed up.

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
I think I wrote a two-part, 2000-something-word blog here on SAS a while ago. I guess 25 times that doesn't seem so much, if I write on separate days.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
I've known about if for a few years, but I've never actually bothered trying to do it. Maybe I will this time around.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
this sounds like so much fun! i probably won't have time for it. but maybe i could manage a 5,000 word story or something.

"30 days and nights of literary abandon.
the ONLY thing that matters in NaNoWriMo is output. It's all about quantity, not quality. The kamikaze approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, and write on the fly.
Let's write laughably awful yet lengthy prose together.
Begin procrastinating by reading through all the great advice and funny stories in the forums. Post some stories and questions of your own. Get excited. Get nervous. Try to rope someone else into doing this with you. Eat lots of chocolate and stockpile noveling rewards.
Starting November 1, you can update your word count in that box at the top of the site, and post excerpts of your work for others to read. Watch your word-count accumulate and story take shape.
Outlines and plot notes are very much encouraged, and can be started months ahead of the actual novel-writing adventure. Previously written prose, though, is punishable by death."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts