Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just jogged the most I ever did, 6 miles-- 1 hr and 9 minutes. I started jogging last year and I couldn't even last 5 minutes cause I didn't do it for a long time. I use a treadmill and listen to music to keep motivated. I feel like I have more energy and I'm more awake. I do it 2 times a week to stay in shape.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
No, it's too hard on my knees. I might try it again(on grass) when I lose some more weight. I try to walk everyday.

·
Cool story, bro!
986 Posts
Congratulations! That's a really big accomplishment and you should feel great about that. Running definitely does have an effect on mood and depression and everything pertaining to mental health. It's also pretty addicting after awhile, but I suppose it's a good habit to have an addiction for :b

I just started running again about 2 weeks ago. Just doing 3-4 miles every time for now. I used to go for 7-8 mile runs once a week about 2 years ago when I was running 5 days a week. The rest of the days I'd split it up to running 3 miles in the morning and then 4 miles at night.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I'm going to start walking soon and build my way up to jogging.

·
Registered
307 Posts
yea I jog every weekday morning at 5.

·
one stop away
1,454 Posts
I am trying to go jogging 3-5 times a week. My first goal is to be able to jog a mile, and then I'm going to build up from there. I don't like the actual act of jogging per se, but I LOVE the endorphin high I get afterwards.

·
Registered
527 Posts
More of a cycler than a jogger. Isn't jogging supposed to be bad for your joints in the long term? Still, I've read that cycling is bad for your sperm count. Not that I anticipate that being a real issue for me. :roll

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Ya i've been jogging like a mofo recently, ugh i have a race on the 20th for yanno like a highland games event so yeah it's basically a 3 mile race up n over an extinct volcanoe lol but should be good fun if a lil gruelling haha aww man wish me luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've come to discover that jogging really does help me feel better if I'm experiencing tension and other anxiety symptoms. I'm not a hardcore runner, but I do go running at a track near my house. Some days I just run a mile, and most days I run about 1.5 miles. The most I have managed to run thus far is 2. I really want to work my way up to 5 miles for each run...not sure how to get to that though.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
I need to start. Just joined an indoor soccer team and if I don't start jogging to get fit I will suffer big time.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Well done to all of you who are jogging, and it's great that it makes you feel better in yourselves. I took up jogging last year, and it did help my mood and I felt better for it, but, as with most other things I attempt, I soon got bored and lazy and stopped doing it.

I really ought to get back into doing it, though i've found a running track a few miles from where I live that I might go and check out. I used to love running (long and short-distance running was the only sport I was any good at at school) and i'd love to see if i've still got it.

·
Chimpoleon
291 Posts
At my peak last summer I did 10km in 1:01:00 -- I was going to see how much I could beat that by this year but I picked up inline skating instead -- which I do around 20-40km a few times a week -- although maybe I'll try running one of these days and see how it is/how I compare to last year.

You could try something like that Lastofthekews -- especially if your city/town has nice biking trails

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
I do a limp, walk, jog. Not an impressive sight.
LOL.....I don't know if you meant to make a joke but I laughed pretty hard when I read this. I'm laughing with you.....not at you. ;-)

Good luck Seanybhoy with the race. Running over an extinct volcano?? That sounds pretty sweet. Better than running over an active volcano to be sure! Jogging is my drug of choice these days. It does have a pretty extreme relaxing effect. It also seems like my brain works faster or I think more clearly after a jog. I have much more creativity when it comes to having to think of things to say to people. I like to do 5 miles/day on the treadmill. Today I went to the local track and managed 4 miles. Jogging outdoors is definitely the better workout.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Ya i've been jogging like a mofo recently, ugh i have a race on the 20th for yanno like a highland games event so yeah it's basically a 3 mile race up n over an extinct volcanoe lol but should be good fun if a lil gruelling haha aww man wish me luck.
Go, SeanyBhoy, Go! :)

YES! I run and have been consistently for over nine years. March 27, 2000 was my "premiere". :lol I was able to slow jog 0.75mil (that's roughly 1.2km) before I almost literally got sick. By the end of that summer, I was up to 2 miles (3.2km) 3 times a week.

Then 2.5mi/4km, 3mi/4.8km, 4mi/6.4km - later 4x/week, 5mi/8km (4x). Then the shocker of 2008 - I rode my new bike the exact same path as I run and PRESTO, I WAY underestimated the distance....what I "thought" was 5mi/8km was actually 5.75mi/9.25km 4x/wk. I soon decided to alternate that and 6mi/9.6km two times each. This past spring - I went all 6mi/9.6km.

It's process you have to build up to, that's for sure.

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
So how did this go???? Inquiring minds want to know!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts