Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have SA even in my dreams! I can't talk in front of people, I can't talk to girls even in my dreams :eek: Why we have SA in our dreams also? Isn't this very strange? Maybe social anxiety is all about our thoughts/mind/brain.. Do you have SA in your dreams too?

·
Registered
708 Posts
No, usually in my dreams, I'm very outgoing, and unreserved. Even kind of a nympho ( did I just type that outloud?)

In person, very shy, reserved, quiet and sexually closed off. Got to work on some of this.

·
castor sacs
7,092 Posts
i don't really dream about social situations, nor do i often involve myself in dreams. oh, but i guess i do have nightmares. in the nightmares, i do have anxiety, or similar feelings associated with anxiety (being trapped, helpless, weak, trembling).

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Sometimes. In a lot of my dreams, I feel very... impotent. Like, if I have a gun in my dream, it'll have no bullets. The same kind of feeling often carries over to social interactions in my dreams. I stutter and stumble even more than I do IRL and tend to make more awkward faux pas. But in other dreams, I feel very powerful and confident. If I'm aware of dreaming, I'm aware nothing I do has any consequences, and I take advantage of that by acting very recklessly and impulsively.

I have this recurring theme in dreams of... feeling very powerless, and then suddenly something will snap and I'll release all this pent-up anger and aggression that comes out of nowhere. Somebody will be threatening me in some way, and then suddenly I'll lash out verbally or physically, and then it will be completely ineffectual and I'll realise I've made a terrible mistake. I don't know if all this is linked to SA or not, but I think it is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do!!!
When there is a social situation I have the same problem as in real life. always being aware of what people are thinking about me :( don't feel anxiety physical though. So it's not near as heartbreaking. But still.

·
Banned
4,523 Posts
Once I dreamed I had a daughter. We were at some school function. The parents and I were all sitting together. My mouth was running off, responding to them without pressure or thought. All I cared about was my daughter standing over there with her friends. She was happy so I was happy. Nothing else mattered. The world felt right.

In real life I'm terrible at talking. I either don't talk, stutter, or give very short responses. And I don't have a daughter. :(

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
For the most part, yes. It might not hinder my interactions with others QUITE as much as it does IRL (for example, I once dreamed I was teaching a college class, and I sometimes end up confronting people in ways I wouldn't be able to in reality), but the anxiety is still there, and it's still strong.

Those of us who are like this probably dream we still have social anxiety because we're so used to it being that way. :/ I also often dream that I'm daydreaming, and feeding birds, just because I do those things so frequently. On the other hand, those who dream the opposite, that they're not anxious and are in fact outgoing, could be using dream compensation to make up for what they lack IRL. Though I wouldn't understand why some of us compensate and others don't.

·
prancy pony
224 Posts
My dreams can go many ways but I'd say I'm more outgoing in them. I steal a lot in dreams and even break into houses... I also have a lot of fighting dreams where I beat up people who annoy me. I do still have sad dreams though v.v mostly just returning to school and being an outcast again.

·
Empty Pride
1,106 Posts
I had a very strange dream today,cant remember too well but it was about gender and being alphamale, being boss, being a real man,living as you were meant to and owning every moment,then i had an out of body experience where i was in my room and in the mirror i see a girl(i think it was a girl) teleport behind me,then i wake up back in my original body,a little scared then i get paranoid in the dark room as always,but i just lay there for a good 30 mins. dreams tell us something,we just have to decode it.

·
Moving Towards Destiny
1,835 Posts
Fascinating question; never thought of that one before !

I am usually outgoing and very socially active in my dreams with a full life and lots of things going on and when I wake up I am back to reality and often wished I were back asleep where life was good because reality is so horrible and lonely.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've actually just mastered the art of lucid dreaming. In my dreams, I'm god.

And gods don't have mental health problems

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts

·
The Game Master
582 Posts
Not really, no.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dreams are almost always the same. Either nightmares about my high school experience. Or really sad dreams about people I love dying ����

·
absurdinista
3,011 Posts
I despise social anxiety dreams. I feel like when I wake from them I still feel painfully insecure. The feelings kind of transcend into my waking life. It sucks! Usually it involves my 'friends' privately hating and avoiding me behind my back, as if they are only friends with me to loath and mock me. It's terrible.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
I think I'm more charming, but usually I'm an outsider. I don't know if that's a reflection of how I see myself or how I perceive other people.

·
{Astoundingly Anxious}
1,243 Posts
If you have SA in your dreams, then it's very essence is ingrained in your very soul and there is no escape, even after death! :blank

Just kidding! ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts