Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually a teacher would ask this, and what am I supposed to say? Just bluntly reply that I have none? But that would be embarassing admitting that I don't have any friends..?

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
I hate your teachers Zady, lol but I love your avatar.

oh to this stupid question your teachers are asking, well my most honest advice would be just be up front to all of them. People with SA have a tough time in school as it is, so this is why talking to your teachers can actually be a positive outlet for you. I know it sucks when they tease the different ones (been there) but try to make the most out of it by being honest. Hope this helps.

Well, now that I think about it you can lie to them too.... yeah just do one of these options, if not I can bring a chainsaw and work something out for you. :D it'll cost you though lol.

·
The Game Master
582 Posts
What would compel a teacher to ask such a question? What is the relevance in it? Teachers are there to teach, not ask their students about their social lives.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
A tactful person wouldn't ask that question, especially not in front of others.

It would be perfectly ok to either lie, deflect or ignore the question in that circumstance. It's really none of their business.

·
ΓΤΖΜ
3,732 Posts
The only reason they ask is because they already know you don't have any. People aren't stupid...

A teacher would never ask that of a 'normal' student, it's actually kinda rude. But because they can tell that you have problems, they decide to intervene in a way.

So, what I'm trying to say is that you should probably start telling them that "No, I don't. Why?" Otherwise not only will they know that you don't have any but they'll also think that you have something to hide.

Right now you effectively told your teacher I don't have any friends and I'm terribly embarrassed about it"

Isn't it better to say "I don't because I have this problem called SA"? You might be surprised by the response of some people...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts