Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This friend I have seems to disagree with everything I say. Every band I try to show him he shoots it down immediately just because I like it. When I do show him a band he likes he'll pretend not to like it, then weeks later will text me saying "hey have I showed you Timber Timbre yet"?

He also can't hang out unless it's only convenient for him. And I mean ONLY him. If I ask to hang out and it's good for both of us, he'll find some bull**** excuse to not get together.

He can never admit or own up to being shady yet continually calls me shady, when he call and knows I'm at work. He knows I'm at work, and knows I don't bring my phone into work, yet still blows up my phone anyway and calls me shady when I don't answer.

He'll say something I find humorous, then when I crack up he'll ask me if it was really that funny.

I'm so annoyed, am I overreacting or should I write this douche off?

·
자신을 사랑 해
1,420 Posts
This friend I have seems to disagree with everything I say. Every band I try to show him he shoots it down immediately just because I like it. When I do show him a band he likes he'll pretend not to like it, then weeks later will text me saying "hey have I showed you Timber Timbre yet"?

He also can't hang out unless it's only convenient for him. And I mean ONLY him. If I ask to hang out and it's good for both of us, he'll find some bull**** excuse to not get together.

He can never admit or own up to being shady yet continually calls me shady, when he call and knows I'm at work. He knows I'm at work, and knows I don't bring my phone into work, yet still blows up my phone anyway and calls me shady when I don't answer.

He'll say something I find humorous, then when I crack up he'll ask me if it was really that funny.

I'm so annoyed, am I overreacting or should I write this douche off?
Honey, that is not a friend.

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
I've known people like that. They think their opinions are gold, even though they are total s***t. They think my music sucks while their music sounds like a nails on a chalk board combined with the sounds of a duck being raped.

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your "friend" sounds like a total douche.
I think so, but I either have ppd or bpd, so I might be distorting reality. We have so much in common, but it seems like he wants to control aspects of my life. For instance he will almost demand that I come get "blackout" drunk with, when he knows I have to work the next morning. He seems like a weird manipulative idiot, and control freak.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Maybe he's lonely and you're all he's got, but he doesn't actually view you as a friend. His attitude seems very agitating, regardless. I can't say I've dealt with folks like him before, but call him out, at the very least.

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
i knew someone like this and when i wouldn't answer because i'm at work / or somewhere they'd get pissed. then tell me i don't care, and that they're going to block me and never talk to me again. and even told me they don't want to talk to me anymore (my moms "friend", he's like 44). So I told him one day, you give me terrible attitude for nothing whatsoever, do me a favor don't EVER talk to me again. and I haven't talked to him in days.... he's the only douche i had to do that way, there comes a limit, when we realize we TOO are humans.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think so, but I either have ppd or bpd, so I might be distorting reality. We have so much in common, but it seems like he wants to control aspects of my life. For instance he will almost demand that I come get "blackout" drunk with, when he knows I have to work the next morning. He seems like a weird manipulative idiot, and control freak.
Regardless of whether you've got bpd or anything like that, sometimes you've got to go with your gut. If you feel like he is trying to control your life, or succeeding, that is a problem for you, whether it's true or not (it seems like it is, even if he's not entirely conscious of it).

I usually object to people saying this kind of thing, but this guy sounds like somebody who you'd likely be better off without. Of course, you know your situation best, but you should think about whether the pros outweigh the cons in this friendship.

·
Banned
4,372 Posts
some people are immature/dominant only to those who let them.

they aren't looking for a "friend", they are looking for a slave. (submissive-type).

thus, if you want to continue your "friendship" with this jack as** - well you might as well head over to the "love shack" - get yourself some handcuffs, and a whip..

i'm sure he'll already know how to use them on you..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts