Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Whuzza floater?

Votes: 24 31.2%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
gone
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice, stringy, dark one in my right eye. That's the myopic one (other eye is basically okay). It showed up March 2008. Luckily it's located down at the edge of my vision, and I only see it if I look down and then quickly up. It shoots up into the middle of my field, and then slowly sinks back down. I move my eye and it darts around like a fly.

One day, perhaps, I will compose a poem to it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I think everyone has them but mine aren't too bad. I can't even remember the last time I noticed them. I guess it's like the ringing in your ears eventually you just ignore it until you get a new one.

·
excessively polite
15 Posts
I have one in the lower part of my right eye.
When I drink something I always think there's a fruitfly in my glass :roll

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have whole clouds of them but I don't usually think about them until someone asks "Do you have eye floaters?". ;) They're most noticeable when I'm reading so I tend to read with one eye shut. Consequently my right eye is much more intelligent than my left eye. :b

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
What?

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
I don't have floaters in any particular section of my eye, they just randomly appear in various places and travel across my entire field of vision.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven
That's very touching.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
So you guys are talking about ones you seen when your eyes are open? I didn't know there were such things. I get the lighty specks that float around when my eyes are closed.

Random story: when I was doing my withdrawal from alcohol, every time I closed my eyes I would see the little floaty things, but they were turning into faces and flying towards me, which was weird. But even weirder (I think anyway) was that one of the flying faces was Chairman Mao, and I thought to myself at the time, amidst all the flying faces, "Wow, now that was strange."

·
gone
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you guys are talking about ones you seen when your eyes are open? I didn't know there were such things. I get the lighty specks that float around when my eyes are closed.
Yes. The eyes-closed specks are something different.

I think it's true that everyone has floaters, but probably not everyone has noticed them. Maybe you need to be more neurotic, hehe.

Try this: go outside on a sunny day and look up at a part of the blue sky. Then squint your eyes a bit. If you pay attention you should see faint, colourless transparent blobs and squiggles floating around your field of vision. I have a lot of those, but hardly ever notice them. The one I got last year is bigger, and is a black/dark brown colour. I think it's closer to my retina as well because it's much more mobile than those other ones.

I have one in the lower part of my right eye.
When I drink something I always think there's a fruitfly in my glass :roll
Yep, that's it. Mine reminds me of a little fly darting around. It's in the lower part of my right eye too.

·
gone
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha. Family Guy has riffed on eye floaters a couple times. Here's a clip:

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Yes. The eyes-closed specks are something different.

I think it's true that everyone has floaters, but probably not everyone has noticed them. Maybe you need to be more neurotic, hehe.

Try this: go outside on a sunny day and look up at a part of the blue sky. Then squint your eyes a bit. If you pay attention you should see faint, colourless transparent blobs and squiggles floating around your field of vision. I have a lot of those, but hardly ever notice them. The one I got last year is bigger, and is a black/dark brown colour. I think it's closer to my retina as well because it's much more mobile than those other ones.
I'm not sure I want to notice them, because then I don't think I'd ever be able to un-notice them.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Yes a few of them.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I think I have one in my right eye.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
I have them, but really only notice them when I'm looking a white wall or something. My college's campus center was bright and white, so I had fun tracking my floaters when I was bored. :b

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Yes. As far as I know everyone does, though you don't typically notice them as you're not looking for them.

2,348 Posts
I have them quite often. They are annoying but sometimes I do not notice them. I like to follow them and then see how far they move away from my pupil and then move my eye really fast and see it scurry away.

I used to think there was something wrong with my eyes since I had floaters since I was a kid.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts