Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Master of my domain
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like you used to before SA came along (if you can remember how being that carefree felt like)? I mean not completely free of anxiety of course.. but close to. Or do you never feel this way and every day is just about the same?

I have some days when I feel close to normal. Under optimal circumstances. That feeling is just amazing. It is as if every part of me slows down and I am filled with serenity and joy. I can walk slowly among people and really take my time to watch the surroundings rather than hurrying up just trying to get stuff done so I can go back home. When I speak I'm not stressed and I can think much better so I can come up with the right things to say. I don't get shaky or tremble. On rare occasions I can even feel rather confident. I feel like a completely different person, like the person I really am behind all of these issues and anxiety. Carefree and happy. Social.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not really. I'm lucky that Ive got it mild, I have no problem going out and being in the middle of big crowds. Normal to me though is having a good number of people on your contact list that you can call up and do something with, then meet up in a group and go enjoy each others company. I havent had that in a long long time....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have trouble talking to people. I remember when I did not, it was only a few years ago. I keep hoping I will be able to get comfortable talking to people.But I remember those times, I was more calm and got along with people better.
I am not sure I will ever find peace when talking to people, but I try to remain hopeful
:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have days that i feel pretty good and don't mind talking to people. And i love those days but i do not get them very often. When i was younger i was very outgoing hung out with friends went to party's football games such and such.

So i guess since i was normal once sometimes i feel normal but not a lot, But those days i do it does feel great wish it was like that all the time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The closest I get to feeling normal is when I'm within my comfort zone and I have no plans to leave it for a while.

·
Master of my domain
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have trouble talking to people. I remember when I did not, it was only a few years ago. I keep hoping I will be able to get comfortable talking to people.But I remember those times, I was more calm and got along with people better.
I am not sure I will ever find peace when talking to people, but I try to remain hopeful
:)
It hasn't been that long for you then, I think recovery could be closer than you think! I hope you will get to that point eventually.

To be honest my SA has improved so much that I feel "normal" the majority of the time however I get instances where SA cames back in full force..
That's freakin awesome. What type of situations are those, care to share?

I have days that i feel pretty good and don't mind talking to people. And i love those days but i do not get them very often. When i was younger i was very outgoing hung out with friends went to party's football games such and such.

So i guess since i was normal once sometimes i feel normal but not a lot, But those days i do it does feel great wish it was like that all the time.
It does doesn't it? I'm kinda hoping it is a good sign.. like that we may be on our way to recovering. But I don't know really.

·
today's a beautiful day
2,217 Posts
yes.. i feel now normal almost all the time... there r only severeal SA provoking situations left... im slowly workin on them...

·
blob
1,221 Posts
yea i have those days every once n a while. like yesterday at a church event, i was able to communicate well and help out n stuff without having any awkwardness at all. it felt great.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
i can honestly say i have never been SA free. for as long as i can remember is has dominated my life. idk what normal feels like :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
My SA is pretty moderate and only acts up in front of people I'm not familiar with. For moments I feel normal when I'm talking to people I'm comfortable and familiarized with but then I look at my social life on a wider scope and realized I'm so isolated and awkward.

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
Normal? What is that. I'm the strangest being.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts