Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
i dont know what TBH means but there is hardly any pain with them. i dont know how much blood there is but the artists always wipes it away. its a bit sore after the tat is done but it doesnt last long. im sure youve experience worse pain in your life than this.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The pain depends on where you get the tattoo, the one on my arm didnt hurt at all but the one on by back just a tiny bit for a second when he did writing next to my spine. But usually you barely feel any pain, and you dont have to look at the needle you can look the other way.

·
Invisible Threadkiller
1,895 Posts
It was 15 hours of torture for me and I'll probably never get another one. If it wasn't so big and could be done in a couple hours it wouldnt have been so bad. Its just that in the time it took them to do the outline of mine most people would already be completed with a smaller one.

Thres not really any blood per se. Mostly just skin oozing plasma or something. They have to keep wiping it away so they can see what they are doing. They used a bottle of something called Bactain to rub on the tatto as they worked that numbed the skin some. It really only worked over what had already been tattooed.

It stings pretty good but every few seconds they have to dip into the ink so that gives you a few seconds to relax. Those little breaks are what got me through it. But after 8-10 hours I was cramping up from sitting backwards in an office chair.

If you are getting something small on your arm, say around the size of your hand, I wouldnt worry too much over it. They can't get into a whole lot of detail that small so it would be over reletively quick. My wife got a 3 inch tribal dolphin done and it took about 10 min with little detail.

I posted a pic of mine in another thread. you can check it out here.
http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f36/do-you-have-a-piercing-or-tattoo-73130/index2.html

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
None,that I can show.:blush

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Tattoos are played out, nowadays just about every trendy jerkwad and his mother's got one.
I have none and would agree with the above, though I'd have used a more polite term than "jerkwad".

Tattoos were cool way back when rock stars like Ozzy or Axl Rose got them. The coolness factor is largely lost when it's not unusual to see grandmas with them now. Even Ozzy with his assorted tattoos is grampa Ozzy and has kids as old as age 37. And Axl is older than the father of many who are reading this.

I gather that people get them to stand out from the crowd, yet that's hard to do when it seems just about every 18-year-old woman has a "tramp stamp." The fact that a lower back tattoo has an official name and wikipedia entry on it should suggest how very common it is.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have none and would agree with the above, though I'd have used a more polite term than "jerkwad".

Tattoos were cool way back when rock stars like Ozzy or Axl Rose got them. The coolness factor is largely lost when it's not unusual to see grandmas with them now. Even Ozzy with his assorted tattoos is grampa Ozzy and has kids as old as age 37. And Axl is older than the father of many who are reading this.

I gather that people get them to stand out from the crowd, yet that's hard to do when it seems just about every 18-year-old woman has a "tramp stamp." The fact that a lower back tattoo has an official name and wikipedia entry on it should suggest how very common it is.
Lol. I'm eighteen and I've been thinking about getting a "tramp stamp" because they look sexy and they are easy to hide in professional environments. But that is the ONLY tattoo I would consider.

And at any rate, it seems like everyone does have a tattoo, usually the generic kinds (i.e. tribal tats, Asian characters, butterflies, etc). It has become extremely common and fake.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Lol. I'm eighteen and I've been thinking about getting a "tramp stamp" because they look sexy and they are easy to hide in professional environments. But that is the ONLY tattoo I would consider.
yea they do look sexy. tats on the lower back and either shoulder blade on females looks very sexy

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
planning to guy a full sleever tat on my left arm from a guy in NY when i'm 21 =]

it's gonna go from my left (peck?) to my wrist slightly onto my hand

gonna be flippin rad =]

·
Somewhere but not here.
1,802 Posts
nope, don't plan to either.
My styles and interests change so quickly that I would end up hating whatever I got a year later and wanting it removed.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts

:spit :haha

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Tattoos are played out, nowadays just about every trendy jerkwad and his mother's got one.
Not everybody gets tattoos to be "trendy", some people just like them. I like tattoos so I got tattoos. Most people look down on me for having them...certainly never heard someone call them trendy before.
I have 3 and I want more. I've always loved the way they look, but I'm an artist so I think of them as being art and beautiful. Granted some people get them to "follow the crowd", but not everyone. My 3 are on my arms. The two that I got on the upper part near my shoulder barely hurt. The closer he got to the under arm the more painful it got. While the needles are going in it feels like a stinging sensation. When the tattoo is freshly done it burns and is very sensitive to touch and sun light. The tattoo that I got on my lower arm right below the elbow joint area on the oposite side hurt like a mofo!!!! :lol It felt like being sting my a wasp a bajillion times in one spot. Usually it hurts worse in boney or sensitive areas...They also peel like a sunburn...they feel like a sunburn even during the healing process and they itch, but you can't peel them yourself(so hard to resist)It's only like that for about 2 weeks though. I kinda like the way they feel...takes my mind off things. But, do think it through before you get whatever you do. It'll be with you a long time afterall. Also, I think touch-ups hurt worse than first getting a tattoo cus of the scar tissue...I can feel parts in my tattoo that are raised.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts