Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Writer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strangely i have two. Well they are not really friends, of course, they are more like people i happen to know to a small degree, and talk to from time to time.
It does seem pretty pointless, but for me it was a start, since before that i was utterly unable to approach anyone.

By now it is wearing off though. I regard these two associations as very unimportant.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
No, never have, but wish I did because it'd maybe help more with getting in a relationship [friends of hers' friends of friends]. I have rarely approached any sober because of feeling so terribly anxious, scared and inhibited around them anyway.
Just having had a few online friends of the opposite sex over the years that say they like me, but live 1000's of miles away in other countries is ultimately pointless.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
nope

·
Registered
464 Posts
Most of my friends are of the opposite sex, I generally have more in common with them and most of the other photographers in my area are male. I only know about 1 or 2 females that I actually have anything in common with.. which is quite sad really.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yep... Cause I get to the critical point where you either take action and show interest, or just sit back and be a friend. And every time, I do the second one...

·
Sloth King
1,828 Posts
I do and we are the complete opposites of each other... I help her with her studies and she helps me be more outgoing... but with her failing all her exams and me being as asocial as ever it doesn't really work out

1 - 20 of 43 Posts