Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Silent
346 Posts
I don't know.

I think to myself how I'm only 17 and that life as an adult might make it seem like there's more of a reason to live, but there's really not. I don't have but 1 friend, family is ehh, and no significant other to live for.

·
Registered
60 Posts
16 is usually horrible for everybody. I remember telling myself just hang in there till 18. For me, it got better - and it may take even longer - but being so young, wow - your brain doesn't fully develop till 25 (the frontal cortex) so you can't know how much better your 'executive functioning' is going to get (look up if that's confusing.) It takes a long time to come out of adolescent brain development, hormonal fluctuating, and confusion - a lot longer than people realize! So try to wait it out !!! Even if you don't do anything (and that's FINE), you'll just calm down and be much more satisfied with just breathing and eating and sleeping, etc. Right now your brain is in chaos!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll be honest, this surprises me a bit. I find that most SA people prefer emotional connection to physical.

Not that I disagree with you about it being awesome. :b
I have become older and jaded with time and experience. Every time I thought I found real love, it was just another woman who wanted to use me for something.

So now it's carnal delight time... while I still can. :boogie

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Not really.

This is a bad life that should be ended, but there's this nice lady at work that talks to me everyday. Of course there's no chance with her since she's already married, but if I did myself in I still think it would affect her some. I wouldn't want to do that. I've told her I think about it a lot and she tells me I can't do it. I guess she's right.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I don't know.

I think to myself how I'm only 17 and that life as an adult might make it seem like there's more of a reason to live, but there's really not. I don't have but 1 friend, family is ehh, and no significant other to live for.
Change the 17 to 19 and that's my answer exactly..

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I think it was around your age when I started first having these thoughts. I figured once I graduated and went to university I would feel better. Once I got to university I thought once I finished and went to grad school I would feel better. During grad school I figured once I got my masters and started by career I would feel better. After starting my job that I hated I figured when I quit and found another job I would feel better.

So that's 10+ years of trying and hoping to feel better but it hasn't come yet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.