Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you have a TV in your room?

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Permanently Manned!
2,894 Posts
No but i used to until the lighting blew the fuse in it, so never got one since. Im bad enough with the laptop, if i had a telly i'd never sleep! Anyhu i watch nearly all my movies on the laptop so its nearly the same for me

·
Super Meditator
3,575 Posts
have a fairly crappy telly in me room.

Buying a 50-inch telly fer the sitting room in my new place though, so the telly downstairs can be transferred to my bedroom in the new gaff.

I watch a lot of football, can ya imagine seeing Wayne Rooney on a 50-inch screen. It's the stuff of nightmares!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yep use it all the time as I'm into blu-rays and that. Watch actual TV Shows in the morning and night though.

·
Crazy resident stoner
664 Posts
Haven't had a tv in my room since the old black n' white tv my brother and I had in ours in the mid 80s when we were kids. I remember watching "Night Moves" on Global TV at like 2:30am every night, and the familiar song that would play as the camera pans along Toronto nightlife.

Ahhh, those were the days!

Thankfully, a youtube channel called retrontario lets me relive all the nostalgic memories! TV is all crap these days. I don't watch it anymore.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had a TV in my room since I was 12--- but recently tossed it out and watch TV and movies on my computer monitor now.

·
Daydreaming
965 Posts
I do but I never use it. XD

·
Keeping the Faith
236 Posts
Yes, but I mostly use it for a few minutes in the morning to get the weather outlook for the day before heading to work (I work outdoors). Even then I have the sound muted cause I'm listening to the radio. :lol

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Yes, only because my dad's ex-wife bought a new HDTV and was giving away her old analog big screen. So, I took that and put it in the living room and moved the TV I had in the living room into the bedroom.

I also have a small TV next to my computer in the spare bedroom/office.

When I was living with my dad and grandmother for a short time after college, we had a TV in almost every room in the house...all 3 bedrooms, the living room, kitchen, the dining room, and even in the garage.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
TV's make things seem busier in a room for some reason. Without a TV in there I feel more at peace. When I was a freshman in high school I had a tiny TV in my room. It was fun for a while because I always wondered what it would be like to never have share a TV with someone else, haha, but after a while I was over it.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts