Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What kind of job do you have?

• Task oriented job, you like the work, but don’t like interacting with the people

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Task oriented job, you like the work, and you like interacting with the people

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Task oriented job, you don't like the work, and you don't like interacting with the people

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Task oriented job, you don't like the work, but you like interacting with the people

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • People oriented job, you like the work, but don't like interacting with the people

• People oriented job, you like the work, and you like interacting with the people

• People oriented job, you don't like the work, and don't like interacting with the people

• People oriented job, you don't like the work, but you like interacting with the people

• you do not have a job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I prefer more task based jobs, working alone, however, most jobs require people interaction. I was just wondering where other socially anxious people worked.
I'm the same way. I hate any job where I work for somebody else or provide service to people. I get most enjoyment when I do work at my own pace and work for myself. I also prefer physical work like building stuff or landscaping. I like to see the physical change. I didn't know this until recently. My father was a carpenter but he was horrible at it and he would scream at me and confuse me probably because he was confused and it turned me off. The fact that I have major skin sensitivities to dust, dirt, however, makes this type of work very difficult for me. But I could work night and day doing this stuff if I had tons of money and could do it for myself. Having said that I'm not talented enough like some to do this for a living but I don't care as I enjoy it. My profession was a horrible choice for me but it pays well. I wish I knew what I know now when I younger as I would have never gone into the health fields. I think I was built to live in a hunting and gatherer society. So I voted that I hate my job and I work in a people-oriented job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts