Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have SA but I love to laugh on a regular basis. I enjoy comedians like Conan O'brien, Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, John Cleese (Fawlty Towers) and shows like Family Guy and Two and a Half Men.

Please share with me what you like.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
I have a great sense of humor. Of course, I don't laugh at things that aren't funny (such as cruel jokes about other people). Letterman is funnier than Conan, though.

·
Banned
227 Posts
Larry David, in Curb Your Enthusiasm, yes definately my preferred comedy style. What do you call it, dry humor? I'm not sure, but i like humor which isn't obvious or styled as a 'joke'.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I'm always laughing and joking, I like almost any kind of comedy, especially if its random and absurd. I love Peter Sellers and Andy Kaufman. I used to watch Conan a lot back in the early 2000s but I haven't watched him in ages.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Dane Cook is really funny. I also enjoy Carlos Mencia on "Mind of Mencia". I also love shows like "The Simpsons" and "South Park". I joke and laugh pretty much all the time.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Kinda...I like weird stuff sometimes. I like watching old Bill Hicks and George Carlin stuff, Conan O'Brien, The Simpsons, Colbert/Stewart, etc. I also have a habit of watching movies that were supposed to be serious but turn out to be hilariously bad.

·
Registered
296 Posts
For stand up comedians, I like Mitch Hedburg, George Carlin, and Bill Hicks. TV shows I really like Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfield, the Office (BBC version), etc. And for late night, I'm drawn to Conan O'Brien ONLY for that stuff, I just don't find any of the other hosts very funny.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Yeah I love to laugh. I like Larry David, George Carlin, and Conan O'Brian.
Some of my favorite comedic tv shows are Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother and The Office (the American one..I haven't watched the BBC version)

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
For stand up comedians, I like Mitch Hedburg, George Carlin, and Bill Hicks. TV shows I really like Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfield, the Office (BBC version), etc. And for late night, I'm drawn to Conan O'Brien ONLY for that stuff, I just don't find any of the other hosts very funny.
Yessss, another Mitch Hedberg fan...anyone else??

·
Shining Phoenix
45 Posts
I'm into really silly comedy. Conan (although I'm very disappointed with the Tonight Show Conan), South Park, Family Guy, Arrested Development, Always Sunny in Philidaphia and that type of stuff is what really tickles my funny bone :).

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I think I have a great sense of humor. I love Curb Your Enthusiasm, I was a huge Seinfeld fan. I like dark humor, smart *** sarcastic humor etc.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I like more dry humor stuff as someone said, with the friends i do have and my gf, I'm constantly joking, sometimes i have to try hard not to make lil stupid jokes, because people get sick of it. I like the simpsons, southpark, the boondocks and was big on that 70s show in the day. the comedians, i like are dave chappelle, jim gaffigan jim brewer, pryor. I am a huge Conan fan, letterman can't touch em. The last movie i loved was Pineapple express. Im big on weed movies. :yes
Looks to me a lot of us have the same type of humor O_O

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
Mitch Hedberg.
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, but I said no, but I wanted a regular banana later, so yeah... Mitch was the ****, I wish he was still around to make us laugh.

I like Craig Ferguson, he makes my stomach hurt from laughing so hard.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have always liked comedians from the past. My all time favorite was George Carlin. My sense of humor has always been good, and I will admit it has always been dirty humor, too.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I don't really know how to describe my sense of humor - I'll watch all sorts of things, but I don't really like stuff that's mean-spirited and I'm not a fan of stoner humor. My favorite sitcoms are Frasier, The Nanny, and Seinfeld, and I love British comedies like Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served, and 'Allo 'Allo!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Married with children
South Park
3rd rock from the sun
Monty Python's Flying Circus

and I like to read "mad magazine" sometimes
I download it off the internets.... when I did buy the issues in the store, I noticed that people look at me like I'm an idiot...

I also like geek humor... often found in comments on sites such as slashdot and digg

·
Registered
234 Posts
I like sarcastic, dry, off beat humor. But I can appreciate a lot of goofiness too. I don't have any favorite comedians but my favorite shows are: The Office (US version, haven't seen the BBC version), 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and I still love Seinfeld reruns to death!

Did anyone here ever watch Wonderfalls? Was on for a whole 3 or 4 episodes, I loved it and got the DVD. Such a shame it was cancelled right away :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a weird sense of humor. :b

My humor guru is the late George Carlin. I loved his standup, his books...everything.

The classic British comedy 'Are You Being Served?' gets me laughing until I cry. So does 'Red Dwarf'.

I'm not really a huge fan of all the 'Adult Swim' fare -- though I have a special soft spot for 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force'. I don't know what it is about that show, but it cracks me up.

My favorite funny movies: Airplane!, Naked Gun Trilogy, Big Trouble in Little China.

·
king of the road
175 Posts
I definitely dig Mitch Hedberg. Flight of the Conchords are hilarious.
I also like other types of comedy. I love Don Hertzfeldt's dark sense of humor.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts