Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow human beings!
I am new here and beg your patience. I am scared writing this but feel it will be good for me to try.

Exercise, is proposed and is said to be helpful in management of anxiety. That one word translates to a lot of different activities. Do you have a preferred exercise that helps you?

For me, it is hard to get myself motivated and active but once I have exercised, I consistently feel better, than I did, about myself. There are some things that always make me feel better, yet are weirdly almost always hard for me to get myself to do. There are some things that seem to make motivation more fluid.

Apart from social phobia, I also have bad posture and have found exercise helps align me, which feels good, body and soul. Yoga is one of my favorite exercises for feeling better. Before covid, I would sometimes find the courage to go to a yoga class and would manage to both be around others and do exercise, which felt extra good. Would love to get input from anyone about a method for joining a yoga class, online, that works for you. I have never done yoga with a monitor, so maybe I should practice with YouTube videos? I am clueless.

Thank you in advance, Tyler

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
980 Posts
Yoga is good. I've heard there are lots of yoga videos on youtube, I don't know firsthand. I don't know about where you live but there are outside yoga classes you can join at parks and whatnot, so there is plenty of space.

For me, it's just walking outside in the open. I may give yoga another chance at some point.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yoga is about giving you more energy and brighter moods. It can help you manage stress and connects you with a supportive community like this ;)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
With so many youtube videos why bother pay for online yoga classes ?

I used to do for several months a nice an effective exercise. It's short, only 4 minutes so no matter how down and unmotivated you feel that day you can still pull it off. You can do it in your own rhythm but be sure your heart rate is at at least 65% of the max. I did this variant here:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts