Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
ever since i saw girl, interrupted last christmas, i've considered it to be my favorite movie. it's really well made, it's a good story, all the actors are great (<3 winona ryder) & in addition to that i could really relate to the characters (deals w/ social issues/being an outcast/mental disorders/coming of age). that's what really drew me in. -- i would definitely recommend it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The life Aquatic- Just an amazing film , just differnt from all films i guess
Darjeeling Limited- same director Wes Anderson, same reason
In Bruges- Amazing everything in that movie. 0 flaws

·
Haters to the left.
2,699 Posts
Forrest Gump. I don't think I've ever seen a movie as good as that one. It's probably the only movie (well, besides Napoleon Dynamite) I can watch over and over and not get sick of.

2,348 Posts
The life Aquatic- Just an amazing film , just differnt from all films i guess
Darjeeling Limited- same director Wes Anderson, same reason
In Bruges- Amazing everything in that movie. 0 flaws
As much as I love Wes Anderson films, I rather dislike The Life Aquatic... a lot. The Darjeeling Limited is really good though. Rushmore, however, is one of my favorite films ever.

·
Still Running
387 Posts
Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood

He went back into the bar and killed all them sons-a b word for puttin his friend up in front on display. If I had a good friend I'd do the same for him.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Wildflower - Beau Bridges, Reese Witherspoon and Patricia Arquette (1991)

One day Sammy and his younger sister Ellie happen upon a cabin where Alice, a young, partially deaf girl with epilepsy is being kept by her abusive stepfather. The three soon become friends and hope to get Alice an education and help her escape from the torture she undergoes daily. However, Alice's stepfather soon finds out about the friendship Alice has struck up and punishes her brutally. This story of friendship and youth shows that everyone is human and deserves to be treated so, no matter their disability or weakness.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Either Withnail & I or La Strada.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
you've got mail. i dont know why this is my favorite movie because the type of movies i watch are about war, mob related or fantasy. i saw it when i was in korea and thought it was the best movie ive seen. still holds up to my standards

·
learning...
663 Posts
Mine is Withnail & I, too. Or maybe Sweet Smell of Success. Hmmm, or The Red Shoes...

·
Registered
649 Posts
Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind - It's beautiful, funny, sad, quirky and superbly acted (esp by Jim Carrey, who shows he can play such an introverted character like Joel just as well as he can the more outrageous ones he often plays).

·
SAS Member
939 Posts
There are so many movies that I have seen that I have fallen in love with over the years, and then I think of the films that I have yet to see that I know will have a greater impact on me. So I can't point my finger at a particular one, but I will say I enjoy films that have a lasting impact on me - the ones that make me think, dream, and grow with me as years go by.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Pan's Labryinth

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
A cult German film made in the 1980s with a soundtrack by David Bowie.

"Christiane F: Wir Kinder Vom Bahnhof Zoo"

Tells the story of the drug and prostitution scene in late 1970s Berlin, very thought provoking.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Pan's Labryinth
Excellent movie!

There's so many that I like, but one of my favorites would be Braveheart. I can watch that movie over and over.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts