·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a cellphone,.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
No need for a cell phone. I have no one to call & nobody calls me.

So far in 2005 I've made two calls -- which is a lot by my standards. One call to my doctor for a refill (actually a call to his answering machine as I don't like talking to live people) and one call to my mutual fund company.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes. It's an invaluable gadget, and I somehow feel safer with it in my pocket. I especially like the SMS feature. It's so much easier than phoning someone. And Croatia is the first country in the world when it comes to SMS traffic. We sent about 27 million messages only on Christmas!

·
Old Fogie
419 Posts
I've had one for five years. I disconnected my landline phone because the cell is cheaper.
Planewalker said:
I especially like the SMS feature.
What's SMS? I have text messaging on mine. Is that the same thing?

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
No, no need for one. I can't justify spending that much for monthly calling plans when I have nobody to call anyway.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I used to have one, but got rid of it a few years ago. It was a waste of money for someone who hardly ever talks on the phone. I probably would have discontinued the service a lot sooner, but I liked having it with me for safety reasons (I took the bus to work VERY early in the morning and it made me feel better about standing out there alone on a dark corner, hehe).

·
Registered
318 Posts
No celly.. no need for one.

·
Old Fogie
419 Posts
Lonelyguy said:
No, no need for one. I can't justify spending that much for monthly calling plans when I have nobody to call anyway.
A lot of people don't realize that you don't have to have a calling plan. My cell phone costs me $10 a month. It's a pay as you go with a minimum of $10 per month. I don't even get a bill. It is automatically charged to my credit card. It's great for anyone who doesn't talk much but wants the security of having one. I even disconnected my regular landline phone because IT was costing me $40 a month.

Oh yea, and whatever minutes I don't use in a month is rolled over to the next month. I've got over 12 hours of air time. Anyone want to talk for 12 hours? :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nope. I'm not really a big fan of phones because I get nervous while talking on one. Plus I don't really need one either.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
I have a Trac Fone. I have to buy a prepaid card every 60 days to keep it active. I just have it for emergency and occassional work stuff. I like to take my cell phone with me when I ride my snowmobile. Its a good idea around here. Its a very remote place here. Don't want to get in an accident, or breakdown in the middle of no where.

·
Registered
467 Posts
hell no
I hate those things
besides few people call me anyway
but if there were more, even more reason to not be stalked while I'm out of the house
the phone can be annoying
enough at home.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts