Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sometimes I do hate myself for allowing other people to make some of the MOST important, life-altering decisions FOR me.

I hate myself for not going with my gut feelings and screwing up my life.

I hate myself for not getting as far away from my mother as I could when I should have.

I hate myself for letting her run my life and ruining it.

I hate myself for not seeing this before it was too late.

I hate myself for not seeing the "Big Picture" when I was younger.

·
Registered
202 Posts
As far as I know, I hate everything about me. I never really found a good thing.

I'm fat, ugly, stupid, talk badly, don't know how to have a conversation, don't know how to make eye contact, may never finish high school, may never get a job, leave the house a few times a month, I guess every part of my body, hate being a man, have no friends in real life, have no good or close friends online, have no life, I have no future, and etc.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
The fact that I'm socially inept and feel that I always either offend people or say weird things to them in all social contact.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't hate myself at all. If I did I wouldn't be trying to overcome social anxiety.

I am however, angry with myself. Angry that I didn't do something sooner about my social anxiety, angry that I was in denial for so long when deep down, I knew I had a problem.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Yes, and for one reason only: I'm not capable of integrating into society and enjoying "normal" activities and a normal lifestyle, and therefore I'm not capable of leading a life in which happiness will outweigh sadness, boredom and depression on average over my lifetime. All of the numerous causes of that fact are really irrelevant.

At age 21, I've already painted myself into a corner, indulging in unusual hobbies and a largely-secluded lifestyle with absolutely no motivation to change. Hell, I've been this way since I was a kid, actually. The thought of taking that first step towards the day where I could comfortably go out and party, drink, play sports, or whatever else the other 95% of males my age enjoy has always seemed laughable.

The one consolation I've had through the years is that I'll be damned if I'm going to change for others and abandon the things that naturally interest me or bring me pleasure; I've watched one friend/acquaintance after another start out with that same mindset but inevitably go by the wayside as peer pressure takes its toll. Seems it's only getting worse now that I'm in my 20s, actually - quite depressing. I'd like to think the dignity I retain in living on my own terms counts for something, but let's face it - humans are social creatures and no matter how introverted one is, living almost completely separated from society (figuratively speaking) is not a recipe for long-term happiness.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
I hate my defects-the many ways that I'm simply not "enough".The fear that everyone I come into contact with sees the defects no matter how I try to hide them or dirvert there attention. - That I always have to pretend I don't know what they see-just go on acting "normal". I hate that I can't connect with others - because they are whole and complete in a way that I can never be. I want protection from them because they must on some level hate me for not being one of them.-At the same time,it's all I've ever wanted - to be a part of them. Sometimes I think this is turning my heart into something very cold and hollow.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The way I look, I felt so disgusting today. I despise seeing myself.
My life atm (there is too much to write)
The current lack of direction or hope that I seem unable to muster up.
All I feel like doing is sleeping, and I find no joy in the things I used to like.

·
finished uni!
449 Posts
Sometimes I do hate myself for allowing other people to make some of the MOST important, life-altering decisions FOR me.

I hate myself for not going with my gut feelings and screwing up my life.

I hate myself for not getting as far away from my mother as I could when I should have.

I hate myself for letting her run my life and ruining it.

I hate myself for not seeing this before it was too late.

I hate myself for not seeing the "Big Picture" when I was younger.
:ditto

I don't hate anything about myself, I only acknowledge that I'm human and by analogy faulty.

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
Hate my lack of self esteem and confidence and my appearance. Making slow but steady progress on the first two though.

·
My head looks huge...
78 Posts
At this point, I could probably fill a book with things I hate about myself. It's difficult to narrow down.

I hate my lack of self esteem...if I had to give it a number on a scale, it would be something around negative 200.

I hate my inability to talk to people, face to face, that are not a family member, a teacher, or a classmate that I'm working with (not by choice, mind you). I can't even look my own parents and sisters in the eye.

I hate my appearance; no matter how hard I try to find good points about it, I wind up negating them with my numerous flaws.

I hate my habits, from simply biting my nails all the time, to causing lasting physical damage to myself.

I hate my literal interpretation of things, and my naive outlook on certain subjects. It only earns me mockery, and makes everything worse.

I hate the past ten years, and how my psychiatrist has pretty much thrown different meds at me, seeing which ones would work, and which ones would make me more insane.

I hate my anger. It won't leave me alone...I am an understanding person, and I believe that everyone is basically kind, and deserves a second chance--but if someone angers me, even a bit, I spiral downward into a violent diatribe...I've been called psychotic because of it.

Worst of all, I hate my mind. I hate my personality. I hate how much I complain, and how often I'm currently using the word "I". I make myself sick.

...but on the upside, I'm trying to live through it. It's a bit annoying, though.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Also I have to add that I hate that I can't have a casual conversation. I always have to worry about what to say, how to say it, when to say it, etc.

·
Day Sleeper
22 Posts
hate my skin, my hair, my overall looks, lack of social skills, lack of social contacts...i can go on forever

·
Not wearing pants
387 Posts
I hate that there always seems to be a huge difference between what I'm thinking and what I say when I'm around people. I hate that I have a weird accent which screws up my J, R, W, and TH sounds. I hate that I'm incapable of at least APPEARING the tiniest bit positive. I hate that I have to be so different, but at the same time I'm glad I'm not blindly doing what all the "normal" people do. I hate how I can't express my emotions because I'm afraid it'll make me appear weak, and I'm scared it'll make me lose the very few people whom I can tolerate (see, I've done it again).

I hate how I'm trapped under this intense self-loathing but I'm so narcissistic that I can't handle the thought of myself not existing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't hate myself. I think ironically, especially if you have no friends, or not many, you should learn to love your self as you are. I've come to accept that I am different than the average person, that there are many things I may not be able to achieve because of that, but that's Ok.
I do get angry and frustrated with myself every now and then. It's as if there are two "persons" in me, one who is that scared and reserved person, who is calling the shots, and then there is a more confident person who can't believe what he has to put up with, and takes every opportunity to put the other guy down.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts