Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you hang out with your siblings?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of those who will never hang out with them. We only did when we were kids and it was good. Now I can't stand them. I can't decide which one I hate more, number 2- the loud mouth, or number 3- the spoiled brat, it's hard to decide. I'm 27, other one is 22, other one is 16. I don't even like looking at them.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
Yes, my sister's my new best buddy since I moved back home. Always wanting to go to the shops, eat, get drinks. It's kind of fun since we were constantly at each other's throats growing up. But now we're "adults" that can play nicely together.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
It's not that we don't get on but my brother is 16 and well we have no reason to hang out.....

·
SAS Member
4,385 Posts
I have 2 siblings, and I'm the oldest. Like you OP, my sister is a loud mouth/judgmental and criticizes things that relate to my SA, being a loner/weirdo, etc. My little brother, who's about 10 years younger than me, is the one that I'm able to talk to the most without feeling any SA, joke around with, and feel comfortable around the most. I wouldn't say "hang out" though, due to our 10 age year difference xD. He just kind of looks up to me as a motherly figure in a way.Sometimes, I'll take him to any places that interest him..like kiddie places, museums,movie theatre, the park,etc.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I would hang out with my youngest brother, but hanging out with my second younger brother would be weird. I mean if I had to eat lunch with him or something like that while waiting for my mom and other brother, I'd be fine, but otherwise, I wouldn't initiate plans just with him.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Very rarely. It isn't that I don't want to, but they are busy leading their own lives. My brother is a doctor and is doing his residency in Chicago. I haven't seen him in months. My sister lives fairly close, but she works nights and has her own group of friends that she hangs out with when she isn't working. We occasionally get together for dinner, but other than that I don't see her except on holidays and at family functions.

·
(.*?)
6,786 Posts
No, my sister and I only talk a few times a year at family holiday/birthday stuff where our parents are around. Haven't even had an email conversation with her in about 11 years. I gave up as she was just being as annoying and superior/snobby as ever.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
No I wish, but my sibling is severely mentally ill. Sometimes my mother takes her places and go along, but I can't really be friends with a person who is completely incoherent the majority of time.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.