Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed alot of people I knew back in high school from 1998-2004 ended up getting married with people they knew. Not all of them but most of them Ive seen together and im not sure whats better. getting married from a close social circle or outside of a social circle or neither?

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be more surprised if they weren't married by now.
what baffles me is when someone from highschool gets married with another person I knew that I would of never thought would.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Yeah someone from my high school class moved in like two houses down from me and got married I believe. It's been horrible for my anxiety having to dodge them all the time.

·
slave
4,382 Posts
I'm more baffled by it whenever I hear the news. As someone who is resistant to marriage, I just can't help but think, Why? You've still got so much ahead of you and you're still growing and maturing. You don't have much life experience. What on earth makes you think you're ready to make a lifelong commitment now?

These are the thoughts that go through my head whenever I hear about people my age (though they're usually younger) say they're married or going to be.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I'm not that old yet. Most of my high school compatriots getting married now are the religious folks and the unplanned pregnancy folks. And i don't get surprised, I just feel sad, for them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't think I could care less for high school acquaintances. Why should anyone?
If you hear such news you might be prone to jealousy because you still don't have a spouse, for example and end up hating yourself for being so slow, questioning what's wrong with you while everyone else already has someone, thinking the end of the world has come for you.
That's why it's always a bad thing to look at others' achievements. You end up comparing them to yours unconsciously.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm more baffled by it whenever I hear the news. As someone who is resistant to marriage, I just can't help but think, Why? You've still got so much ahead of you and you're still growing and maturing. You don't have much life experience. What on earth makes you think you're ready to make a lifelong commitment now?

These are the thoughts that go through my head whenever I hear about people my age (though they're usually younger) say they're married or going to be.
Same thing i think about regarding marriage/kids. I guess thats the other side to that coin. We look at it as a symbol of "doing good/great", but then again it may turn in the problems down the line when/if they dont have money or things starts to happen in their lives. U never know. If id want kids/marriage id want to get a job, a home and everything planned (as good as u can) and then go ahead and maybe do it.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
What is terrible is hearing about people from my class breaking up, and then getting together with someone new 2 weeks later. I don't know how they do it - I'm still working on getting my first relationship.

I guess they must have something I don't?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts