Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shouldn't care because I never "myspace" this girl anyway but I'm just a little offended. Especially since my sisters and a couple other close friends are still on her friends list.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Of course i would be offended. I don't know if I've ever been deleted but I've been "ranked". The whole arrange your friends crap on facebook and myspace is completely immature. It reminds me of how kids in kindergarten would go up to me and say "I'll be your best best friend!", when they wanted a favor like a swing I was swinging on in the playground. But if I didn't do the favor, they would hate me. I didn't want them to hate me, so I always gave them what they wanted. How could any adult rank friends? My friends list on myspace was randomized. My sister in law would rank me anywhere from 2nd to 5th place on her page. One day I would be her #2 friend and another day I would be her #5 friend. :stu I was thinking, "Make up your mind please and stop moving me around!" We both deleted our myspace pages. I grew tired of the myspace culture and she said it was giving her computer viruses. Now she wants me to join facebook. I don't see any need for that.

That girl could have deleted you because you both don't communicate. Don't take it too personally. It isn't worth it. :)

Watch this video titled: JULIAN SMITH - 25 Things I Hate About Facebook.

It's funny.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course i would be offended. I don't know if I've ever been deleted but I've been "ranked". The whole arrange your friends crap on facebook and myspace is completely immature. It reminds me of how kids in kindergarten would go up to me and say "I'll be your best best friend!", when they wanted a favor like a swing I was swinging on in the playground. But if I didn't do the favor, they would hate me. I didn't want them to hate me, so I always gave them what they wanted. How could any adult rank friends? My friends list on myspace was randomized. My sister in law would rank me anywhere from 2nd to 5th place on her page. One day I would be her #2 friend and another day I would be her #5 friend. :stu I was thinking, "Make up your mind please and stop moving me around!" We both deleted our myspace pages. I grew tired of the myspace culture and she said it was giving her computer viruses. Now she wants me to join facebook. I don't see any need for that.

That girl could have deleted you because you both don't communicate. Don't take it too personally. It isn't worth it. :)

Watch this video titled: JULIAN SMITH - 25 Things I Hate About Facebook.

It's funny.
Thanks. This makes me feel better. I was thinking about deleting my page anyway.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I am not on MySpace or Facebook. Both of those site gives me the creeps.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Of course i would be offended. I don't know if I've ever been deleted but I've been "ranked". The whole arrange your friends crap on facebook and myspace is completely immature.
Wow, I'm definitely not missing out. :no

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It depends on how well I know the person. The majority of people on my myspace are just old acquaintances who never bother to message me so I could care less if they delete me.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I shouldn't care because I never "myspace" this girl anyway but I'm just a little offended. Especially since my sisters and a couple other close friends are still on her friends list.
I guess I would have to be on MySpace to care. Since I have SA, The last thing I wanna do is be on a social networking site. Thats just me though.... :stu

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
This is one of the many, many reasons I refuse to upload a social networking page. I would feel awful if someone deleted me, and I'd never have the guts to delete anyone.

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
Well...I actually deleted a bunch of elementary school friends and a high school friend from my facebook...I wanted to start all over again.

E.g Adding college ppl or ppl that are closer to me (cousins, sibling etc.)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm not on Myspace, but I'm on LiveJournal and I've had people announce a friends cut and then discovered that I was one of the people cut. If I've never interacted with them much it doesn't bother me. I could have made the effort to comment on more of their entries but I didn't so the blame is 50/50 there. But if someone was going through a rough time and I tried hard to be supportive and they cut me anyhow, then I got offended. I've also sent add requests to former classmates on Facebook and they've declined my request, even though I'm sure they remember me. I try not to let it bother me. There are always going to be people out there that are like that, and it's impossible to avoid them completely. So I just try not to let it bother me (which is easier said then done, but I try).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm more offended when someone adds me like I'm a trading card.
me too. like, people with 10000+ friends and the such... I don't like being treated as a certain amount of megabites to make your e-peen big.

Deleting I only have a problem with if I know the person well.

·
SOS Member
36 Posts
I've never had this happen on myspace, I have on facebook though.

It was only a boy I knew from primary school (elementary school), he added me first then as soon as I accepted him he deleted me. I wasn't ever close to him but it did bother me somewhat.

I kept thinking is there something on my profile he didnt like? There isn't much on there anyway, maybe he added me to see if there was anything interesting but deleted it cos it sounded boring.. I don't know, I think too much.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts