Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am going to Atlanta in a couple days over night with a friend for a concert. Im excited but also nervous a little. I guess because i dont know how many other places we might go besides the concert. This may sound absurd, but im more nervous about maybe having to drive some cause this is like a four and half our trip. My friend wanted me to take my car because it would be better on gas than her truck, and i dont mind but i asked her if she would drive. I drive ok in places im more familiar with but i have never been to Atlanta and i dont do well driving with someone else in the car, it makes me drive even worse than alone. She said she didnt mind but i will probably drive some to keep her from driving the whole way up an back. Ga i guess im crazy but driving makes me so nervous sometimes. im just not great at it. Do you guys get nervous when faced with a long trip and maybe having to drive in unknown areas? Do you find it easier to just let a friend drive. Im really smart but my reflexes are that great driving. I feel like my friend might think there is something wrong with me for not wanting to drive. Do any of you deal with similiar situations?

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I only took two long road trips. One was with a friend for an eight hour drive and the other was by myself for an eighteen hour drive. I actually wasn't that nervous because I had the roads planned out that I was going to take. I found it more relaxing to drive with a friend because if you do find yourself in an unknown area, you have someone to help you out. What you should do is drive the first leg of the trip. That way it will mainly be all highway driving and you won't have to deal with getting into the city, but I don't think your friend will mind driving the whole way because four hours is pretty easy when it's mainly highway driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts