Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
making awesome awesomer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you see beautiful people do you get jealous or judge yourself?

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
Both, I think.

I'm jealous that I don't look like them, and mad at myself for it.

Mainly jealousy though. Huge, huge surges of jealousy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am a very jealous person. Mostly I envy people's confidence, regardless of their looks. After that, I envy people's intelligence and I think lastly I envy a person's good looks.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I am a very jealous person. Mostly I envy people's confidence, regardless of their looks. After that, I envy people's intelligence and I think lastly I envy a person's good looks.
:ditto Couldn't have said it better.

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
Hmmm just looks no. But looks combined w/social skills and/or competence in society (e.g. job, good at school, volunteering, financial independence, driving) then i'm totally jealous.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I get more jelious of other people's charisma, people who can just light up a room, people who have an endless amount of amusing things to say to strangers, people who can make friends in an instant, people who believe in themselves and their dreams no matter the advesary, the people who seem to have it all together, the people who can do 50 things well and not crack under pressure, the people who can stay calm in a crisis, etc. But looks... eh... maybe their bodies- if they have smokin hot bodies. Because I am pretty ^_^

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Hmm i guess so, sometimes jealous n sometimes admiration, depends how i feel about myself at the time.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Yeah, I'm a jealot.

Usually not of looks, though... maybe toward the way people act around those of general comeliness.

·
Improving
987 Posts
I don't get jealous of peoples looks but I am definately envious of almost everyone for their social skills. You shouldn't be jealous about peoples looks Sturm because you're a very pretty girl yourself.:yes

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I get jealous yes..
I have a low self esteem,so I get jealous of people I think is beatiful..
But I also get jealous when I see people that have friends and seems to be living a life that I would want for myself.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I get very jealous of people who are better looking, more confident, or smarter than me (just in certain areas though - particularly Latin and Greek, because I want to know all! jk.).

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
good looking people freak me out!! when a group of girls come into work on a saturday night, for example, rather than stay on the shopfloor and possibly chat to them, or serve them and be even just slightly flirty with them, i "run" out the back and hide in the warehouse. i'm not quite so bad with good looking guys, but it does annoy me when i see them come in like they own the place and just start talking to whoever they bump into and be all cool! :( really doesnt help convince myself that you dont need to be good looking and have good relationships with women (plutonic and sexual) to be socially "out there". with the summer coming up, i think i'm gonna be giving evils and hiding a lot over the next 6 months.. *sigh*
i hate them all.. i want the ladies, and i want to be the men...

·
Registered
889 Posts
A little bit. Less now than before. Now I just get annoyed when I see beautiful/smart/outgoing people who are also stuck up about it. I greatly admire those who have all of these great qualities, but are still humble and kind to others. But people who are full of themselves, are constantly flaunting themselves and treat others with contempt irritate me to no end. Some people are just dealt better cards in life, and when they don't acknowledge that, it pisses me off.

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
Yeah, I get abit envious of people who look beautfiul with gorgeous legs lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ditto on the "confidence and competence" comments.
Those are the things I envy.
When I was younger, I was pretty; pretty enough to be able to recognize that I was, despite my terrible self-esteem.
It really, really bothered me that girls who weren't half as pretty as me did so much better socially than I did: had more fun, more confidence, more friends, better luck with guys.
It made me feel horribly inadequate and as if I were flawed in some terrible way that was obvious to everyone.

What I envied was confidence, and that's what I still envy today.
And at my current age (late 30s) my peers have become far more confident; heck, people my age are running the world.
And I'm still the same insecure person I was at 15 or 16.
Yes, I envy nearly everyone around me, and I feel very inadequate and inept almost all the time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts