Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drank a heavy beer in front of tv, I don’t drink much. It got to my head fast, feeling pretty happy, it always happens when drinking alcohol.

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
1,650 Posts
Yeah, I do but I drink like a single one of those tall cans maybe 2-3 times a year and that's it so my tolerance is really low.

·
Failure's Art
2,472 Posts
lol yea because I hardly ever drink anymore, if I drink 1 beer on an empty stomach I would feel it an be really buzzed on 2. Probably be basically drunk by the third.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I take lots to get drunk, it's weird it's like a genetic thing. Like at least five cans of 7.5% proof cider minimum.

It's really expensive and embarassing lol, having to go into a shop and buy that much cider. I'd much rather just have a nice ale or two.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,351 Posts
I don't think so, I've only been properly drunk once.

·
bipolar
17,184 Posts
Probably now I would because I don't drink anymore. I've had situations in the past though where I was drinking quite a lot of heavy stuff and nothing seemed to happen. I think I was manic at the time though and it was pretty weird.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,822 Posts
I drink slowly, so I don't really get drunk. I'll typically drink something over the course of about 30-45 minutes or so, and stretch that out over a four hour period of time. By the end of the night, I will have had 5-8 drinks. I could drink more if I really wanted to, but by that time the drinks start to taste bad and I start feeling tired.

I imagine if I were to drink it all at once, I would be stumbling all over the place. My days of shooting shots of alcohol, or chugging beer are long gone.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think I have a good tolerance to alcohol, but drink more responsibly these days. I drink slowly and don't mix my drinks. If I were to down shots and drink doubles I imagine I would be on the floor.

I'd like to imagine myself as a classy red wine drinker 😉

131 Posts
Getting drunk fast is a choice you mostly have to drink fast, but the results are variable depending on conditions, regular drinking increases tolerance, general health, tiredness levels, hydration levels if you've eaten anything recently & weight/size play a large part, it's not an exact science.

·
Super Moderator
8,431 Posts
No. But I drank rather very slowly. I mostly sip.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,470 Posts
No way..jose. I've metabolized alcohol to the point of not *feeling drunk on one drink. Probably a sign to stop or at least cool it.

·
Super Moderator
34,574 Posts
Hmmm. I don't know about drunk but alcohol doesn't agree with me and if I drink even a small quantity of it, I start feeling pretty bad pretty quick. My system is kinda like that. Small quantities of just about anything will manifest in how I feel in short order. I sometimes take small quantities of NyQuil when I have a headache because it helps when nothing else will. The recommended dose is 30ml. If I were to take the recommended dose, I'd be feeling the aftereffects of it for 2 days. So I take maybe half an eyedropper full of it and feel it's effects almost immediately. I took the full 30 ml dose once and was still feeling lightheaded and not with it at 4pm the next day when we went to Costco for groceries.

I used to have a friend who would come over and bring bottles of Mad Dog 20/20 (which he drank. Not me). Once he left a couple of unopened bottles and I was in the mood to experiment just to see if I really was as sensitive to alcohol as I thought I was.

To put it mildly, it was one of the worst things I ever did. I drank at least half a bottle of it before I started to feel it and ended up passed out in the hallway in a pool of red vomit (the drink was red). I really can't remember much about what I did after drinking it but I never drank anything but beer after that (and only one can on any given day). Awful stuff.

·
Song and action man
676 Posts
I had one beer last week which I hadn't had in a while. I noticed even that caused me to be noticeably more irritable.

·
burned by tea 🍵
Hold still 💈
133 Posts
As an alcoholic my tolerance is all mucked up. Depending on what I'm drinking it could take ages for me to catch a buzz even. Beer does nothing for me unless I'm throwing them back, presumably after getting them for free.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,940 Posts
Yes, because I rarely drink. Two beers in a short amount of time gets me buzzed. Been over two years since I've had any alcohol. Tried to give it another chance as an adult for a social type activity, but just don't like it.

I used to have a friend who would come over and bring bottles of Mad Dog 20/20 (which he drank. Not me). Once he left a couple of unopened bottles and I was in the mood to experiment just to see if I really was as sensitive to alcohol as I thought I was.

To put it mildly, it was one of the worst things I ever did. I drank at least half a bottle of it before I started to feel it and ended up passed out in the hallway in a pool of red vomit (the drink was red). I really can't remember much about what I did after drinking it but I never drank anything but beer after that (and only one can on any given day). Awful stuff.

To be fair that stuff is legendary for making people sick. There's a reason it's like $3 a bottle lol. Had it a couple times as a teenager, stuff is vicious.

·
Self isolating from self
3,209 Posts
I don't drink very often, and really haven't built up a tolerance towards it. Yet it does take quite a bit to actually effect me.

Idk. I’m sure that I’d be a mean drunk since my personality is bad so I will never drink.
I sort of felt like I'd be that way before I first got drunk, but strangely I'm a "happy" drunk. Or at least I tend to laugh a lot at stupid things or seeming nothing at all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts