Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once in a blue moon i do. But i feel i'm not because i clean up things. I just don't have a job (i'm looking like crazy to find one) and i'm not in school now i'm going back in the fall. But it's like, when i get called lazy it hurts alot, because i'm not and regular people don't understand what i'm going through so i'm just tired of it. grrrrrrrrr

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Well, I'm currently unemployed and not looking for a job, and I think a lot of people consider me weird because of this. But I refuse to care what they think - I'm happy living on my savings and enjoying my free time.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Never directly from anyone outside of my family. But I know a couple that are friends with my parents that most likely think I am. They're rich and and have that rich person mentality. They drop indirect hints that they think anyone can get a job whenever they want.

It bugs me because they just don't understand. When you're rich and never have to log onto a job site and submit resumes, they can't possibly know just how difficult it is.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes. But that's because I am. I am really quite lazy but a lot of that is to do with lack of motivation. It's not like I actively do things I want and then don't do stuff to help. I mostly just don't do anything. My mum and nan used to imply and sometimes actually say I was lazy which although partly true, it did hurt and made me feel angry and want to do even less. Really helpful.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I'm currently unemployed, but not by choice. The apartment manager where I live is nosy, and is always asking me if I have a job yet, if I'm still looking for one, etc. Like it's any of her business. The rent is paid on time, and that's all she should be concerned about. It doesn't stop me from feeling like a deadbeat loser, though.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I feel the same!, it hurts a lot when people call me lazy, borring.
I almost want to tell them how i feel, en why i am as i am.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OMG I am totally there right now!!! I am so glad I have finally found people like me...I am surrounded by people with jobs and are going to school and actually making accomplishments and I am seen as lazy and unmotivated. I am not!! I want to do those things but it has gotten to the point were I am to scared to go back to school cause I am afraid my teachers would be mean or disappointed in me. I can't find a job because I am always so awkward and crazy anxious at interviews that I don't even bother going. I am not lazy. But it makes me soo depressed that I feel like that is what I am now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My teachers at college thought I was lazy because I would get the assignment, complete it, and turn it. I didn't go to their office and kiss their butts in hopes they give me an A. It really pissed me off but luckily I am through with them.

·
Registered
609 Posts
i dont get called lazy as i am a brickmason and i workout when i can but im sure people wonder about why i dont seem to have the desire to go out and socialize...i cant even explain it...

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ive been called lazy since I was a child. No one could see and still dont see, that when I dont do something, its out of fear.. and thats no excuse to just 'do nothing'.
I dont work, because of SA. Im working on it. Jeez. Its not like I want to be unemployed for the rest of my life. Anyone whos been unemployed for a long time can tell you, its no party and you get no respect because your just seen as a lazy no good bum. Who wants that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, i do get called lazy, by everyone. i dropped out of HS when i was 16 because of S.A.D, and i do not currently have a job. I'm afraid to have one. But people don't understand, that people like us are not lazy, if you're anything like me you wish more then anything you could be normal and have a job. But it's a disorder, and it's not that easy to control. I can't just snap out of it like that.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
A side effect of depression is lack of motivation. Its not laziness, its an illness. If I can't enjoy my life because of SA, getting a promotion or good grades wont change anything. I would be perfectly fine failing classes if I didn't have SA. Too bad I got hit with both.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Yup, my older sister has called me that.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I AM lazy, so I guess people do call me that. I simply lack motivation, so for better or for worst, most of the time, I do nothing. The desire to change is there, I'm just not able to. :blank

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm lazy I won't lie.. Everyone that knows me knows I am.. I think it has to do a lot with not having some kind of motivation, not having many friends, mild depression, and just because I am.. lol.. I can't help it..

·
Registered
371 Posts
A side effect of depression is lack of motivation. Its not laziness, its an illness. If I can't enjoy my life because of SA, getting a promotion or good grades wont change anything. I would be perfectly fine failing classes if I didn't have SA. Too bad I got hit with both.
I definitely agree. My therapist told my mom I had depression and apparently, she don't know the symptoms of it.. She didn't seem to care either because they know I still have it and they do nothing to help me or motivate me.. To them I'm just lazy.. Maybe I am.. But I just don't feel motivated.. What's the point of moping the floor if when my brothers come, it will be messy again? Why can't they pick up after themselves? Those are the questions I ask them and myself all the time.. *sigh*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts