Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get it that ads are always aimed at a target audience - and we are certainly easy prey. But,some of these ads feel like a slap in the face!! I was reading the thread about having no friends - at the end was an ad about some chat line for making friends.- WooMe,or something like that. I really hate the one about -We delete members we deem unfit-some dating site. Are these ads previewed by anyone?? It seems like shooting fish in a barrel.- Sort of like-"Wow,these people are pathetic-we can make a fortune off of them"!!!

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
The ads pull keywords from the page and put up something to do with those words. We had a thread on jeans and the ads that popped up were for jeans. If a thread is lamenting about never being able to find a date then the ads will be for dating sites. It's not that they are geared towards us but rather what we are talking about.

Currently in this thread we have an ad for Google Analytics and one for Met Life.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is profit from the ads made in one set fee per month-Or based on amount of ads? Or does it vary based on origin of ads? I can see how this could really be lucrative!! Still wish there were some limitations,as I said before - I'm sure others find some of these are over the top as well. Oh well-everything has a price!

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
If we talk about pickles maybe we can get an ad for pickles to come up. :)

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
I like pickles. I haven't had pickles in ages. I should get some pickles.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
I like all sorts of pickles.
Dill pickles, sweet pickles, gherkins...Maybe I was delivered by the Vlasic Stork.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
Can I make a thread on poop to see what kinda ads we get? And yes some of the ads on here are annoying, namely that plenty of fish one.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
The German word for "cucumbers" is "Gurken." Gurken are un-pickled pickles.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Somewhere but not here.
1,802 Posts
I like pickles, somewhat. I just don't like them on anything.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Did you know that 98% of all the people who have died in airplane crashes have eaten pickles? That means that eating pickles would be the number one cause of airplane crashes.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
The ads are annoying but we can annoy them back by talking about pickles.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Pickles are green

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Firefox (or Epiphany) + Adblock Plus. I cannot browse the internet otherwise. I tend to forget that there are so many ads actually out there I just never see.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
The most annoying ad, I've seen, was that Plenty of Fish one. Many people on SAS would probably fall under what they consider "unfit" :(

Pickles and green olives are good :). I wish I had some pickles right now. I might check out a pickle festival this year. I hope there are plenty of free pickles.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts