Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the not wanting to be touched thread, and I don't mind hugs and kisses however I find sexual contact and sex in general involving ME and another human being kind of gross. Like I don't care for sex or enjoy it at all.
I can only tolerate sex if I am completly wasted.

Has anyone else ever felt this way or feel like this?

Is is because of depression, SA, or self conciousness ..?
Probably all 3..

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
No

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Nope not at all, I have the opposite problem... I agree though, it sure would make life easier sometimes if I did feel that way... but only if I could turn it on and off at will.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I don't find that I'm interested in it like I used to be. But I'm not so much repulsed as I am anxious about the fact that sex isn't physically pleasurable for me.

·
Here, there & everywhere
233 Posts
Not really. I enjoy it a lot.

The only thing that makes things awkward is that I get really self-conscious about how I look... :p

·
Registered
439 Posts
I find that I'm repulsed when other people talk about it or when I see it in a movie. It's also something that I don't really think about often.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The thing I miss most about my ex-girlfriend is just being able to cuddle in bed with her. But I never got to the point where I felt comfortable enough for sex. I'm hoping it'll be easier when I find a more compatible partner.

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
I just read the not wanting to be touched thread, and I don't mind hugs and kisses however I find sexual contact and sex in general involving ME and another human being kind of gross. Like I don't care for sex or enjoy it at all.
I can only tolerate sex if I am completly wasted.

Has anyone else ever felt this way or feel like this?

Is is because of depression, SA, or self conciousness ..?
Probably all 3..
Yes, I think it's disgusting when you think about it.

Still, I crave it.

Especially because I'm not getting it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
No I don't find sex repulsive. I love it.

From what you say, I think that you're perhaps not ready for it. Maybe when you meet the right person you'll be able to understand what you want then. Don't feel pushed into having sex if you don't want to.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
I also can't say for sure because I've never done it. I find the idea of just laying, cuddling and being intimate in a manner just short of intercourse to be more appealing than actual intercourse but I could be wrong. Intercourse does scare me a bit because of the possibility of fathering a child and I never want to do that. I'm also concerned that I wouldn't be able to feel open and free enough to do the act as I am an extremely reserved person.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
I'm kinda weird with this...I don't find sex repulsive BUT I find kissing gross/repulsive. Never had sex though but if I meet the right one one day I wanna it just sucks I'll have to kiss to get there. :sigh

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I don't. I think sex is wonderful, though I haven't had it.
I think it's great if it's with the right person, someone you like and enjoy being with and who likes and enjoys being with you. Now, if it's someone you don't like, you probably wouldn't be going that far with them, anyway.

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
I did in my twenties, and when I was your age (20) I was asexual and refused to do it at all. I struggled with the idea for various reasons: intermittent desire, self-consciousness, disgust, sensory issues, the other person ...

It is only in my 30s that I feel I might be able to handle it properly, but swing between long periods of lacking desire and short periods where I experience very strong desire but have no outlet with someone I can love. It's extremely confusing.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't find it repulsive at all. I guess I find it more scary than anything, since I've never experienced any kind of contact like that before.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts