Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do. At my age, I feel inherent pressure from my family/peers to act older or do things that people my age [are expected] to do. I don't want to though!!!

On the inside, I am truly a goofball. I do strange things, say strange things, like strange things. I've just always been a little off. Plus, I like to wear sneakers and screen tees, which to some may seem teenybopperish. When I dress up, I like form fitting dresses/jeans and sexy heels (even though I have not mastered the walking part yet!).

I have such a young spirit, but it scares me because it makes me feel like there is something wrong with me. I can not imagine being any other way.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
yeah, i feel like a teenager also. i like it, and i don't. doing psychodynamic therapy has kind of made me aware of why i might be that way, and given me ideas about how to fix it. so i can feel all old and decrepit, woohoo!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Im a big kid, I don't relate much to people my own age but then that's been the case pretty much my whole life.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I'm an in betweener. Aside from feeling that I don't have much in common with most people anyway (which is in my own mind, I'm sure), I definitely don't feel I have much in common with most people who are my age. But, I am also keenly aware that I don't fit in with those much younger than myself, those who are in their 20's thru.

I don't feel like there's a place for me, most of the time. But I suppose that's just dwelling on the pity pot.

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
I'm definitely a goofball!! People normally guess I'm about 7-10 years younger than I normally am. I almost think this is encouraged in today's society so I just go about my business. Once I realized Goofy does not equal reckless, disorganized, & irresponsible things started going pretty good.

I think the key is to not let the people that take themselves too seriously bother you. I've been noticing more & more really successful(whatever that means to you) people who are also realllly goofy.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I don't know. Most who read my posts probably think I'm a grumpy old man (or at least that's the polite way to paraphrase their thoughts).

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Yep. I still pretty much feel like a little kid. I also look younger than I actually am (since I am so short). I started wearing makeup recently though, which helps a little. Now that I am overcoming my shyness, I also have a really happy, excited personality. I am always laughing which also makes me seem younger. I also ask people lots of questions, like a little kid. This girl I work with called me an "inqusitive little girl" and she is a year older than me, lol. I guess I never grew up.

·
Banned
583 Posts
Nope. Opposite to you, I feel like I'm an old woman stuck in a 20-year olds body. I just feel so tired, apathetic, and bored at times. No 20-year old should feel this way.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
Yah, I'm 30 going on 20. But I look so young I guess it fits.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Well I have like a dual-personality. Any character trait I have, I also kinda have the opposite, too (that's a good way to explain it, right?) so...I feel young at heart but I also feel older than my 19 years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts