Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The know-nothing!
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are usually the people who are the funniest? In my experience, those who are the shyest tend to be the funniest or more thought provoking, like they can carry on deep and interesting conversations. Those who aren't shy are usually mainstream funny [Copy peoples jokes and stuff like that] but people who are shy have true humor. That's just in my experience though, what do you think? [This is my first thread! Be nice :|]

·
Banned
728 Posts
I'd say so. But it's not like i can make a joke on the spot all the time. I can just relate things together to make something funny etc.

Some people dont get my humour, while others laugh out loud because they understand it.

I really can't stand mainstream comedy (like someone hitting someone else over the head) its just so basic, and so obvious. I like some depth to my humour.

I guess i'm one of these people that say things that aren't supposed to be jokes, but what i say sometimes is hilarious.

Its hard to tell if someone is funny/ has a great sense of humour online. So i cannot tell what others on here are like (and i've NEVER met another social anxiety sufferer in real life).

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I cant make jokes in person, but online I always seem to make my friends laugh, I have this odd sarcastic/dry humor that I dont even get.

·
The know-nothing!
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good points. Remember this is just what I've experienced and I wanted to see what other people believe. Thanks for the replies! =]

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Well, I suppose I'm funny. I've got that sarcastic type of humor that annoys people who don't understand it. I have this thing where I can pick out what's funny about anything. I also have a very morbid sense of humor, so if you like those kinds of things, I guess I'm really funny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts