Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hanging out with some of my friends last night and my friend's brother started talking about his football camp. He just painted all this one dimensional descriptions of the people there and how most of them were losers, f*gs, or trying to act cool. Most of it was based off pretty much of the way they look, first impressions, or how good they were at football. He was the man of course because he was athletic and looked older then most sophmores

Other people did pretty much the same thing talking about how people became "band" kids" or "stage crew kids" and how cool or popular they could of been if they didn't. Another brother of another friend of mine bragged about how he makes fun of one kid until he leaves the table to sit at the loser table. He then talked sh*t about some of his friends afterward. It's just so stupid that people constantly steortype people and don't treat them like people. I defiently put it down to a lack of maturity:no.

Has anyone else had experiences where people just oversimplify or steortype everything.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Yep. Pretty much all of high school is like that. I guess people oversimplify stuff like that because they do not know the people they are talking about very well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It's just teenage insecurity, most people I know grew out of it during university. It is strange though how different people react to these insecurities, they respond by arrogance while people like us respond by holing up in our rooms and not talking to people.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with Freedom. All highschool was like that. Actually b*tching was and still is a huge contributer to my SA. In highschool I heard so many of my 'friends' b*tch about our other 'friends' and people, that I became paranoid about it...wondering all the b*tchy stuff that they probably said about me. To this day I still feel sick to my stomach if I feel people have been talking about me. I always expect people to not like me, when the truth is I'm quiet, nice to people, and never bother anyone (wallflowar here), so I don't know why I'm so paranoid. But yeah people like that make my SA worse.
I reacted pretty much the same way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts