Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here fear or hate change? Although I wish to clarify, when I say change I don't mean major changes in your life that's obvious. I mean small trivial changes like a new hair cut, painting a room a different color or your parents redesigning their living room. Every time my mom moves the furniture in the family room I get so annoyed. Sometimes I have this strong urge to move the furniture back.
When I'm at college I prefer to sit in the same desk everyday and eat the same meal(pizza). I believe its natural for people especially with social anxiety to want order and structure. There's nothing I fear more than the unexpected.
Does anyone ever feel the same or am I just weird? :|

·
Registered
425 Posts
Does anyone here fear or hate change? Although I wish to clarify, when I say change I don't mean major changes in your life that's obvious. I mean small trivial changes like a new hair cut, painting a room a different color or your parents redesigning their living room. Every time my mom moves the furniture in the family room I get so annoyed. Sometimes I have this strong urge to move the furniture back.
When I'm at college I prefer to sit in the same desk everyday and eat the same meal(pizza). I believe its natural for people especially with social anxiety to want order and structure. There's nothing I fear more than the unexpected.
Its not that you're weird. I think its unrelated to SA, it might be OCD.

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've always suspected that I might have a very mild case of OCD, so mild that I was never diagnosed. I probably should have posted this thread in secondary disorders oh well! :lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
I, too, love order and structure but I also like small changes within that order and structure? :con. I think my everyday life can be very routine sometimes so any little changes I can make spices things up at least a little bit.

I change my hair style/color regularly, I change my eye color occasionally, I change my clothing style, when I used to live in apartments, I would change the color of the walls every now and then or move the furniture around if I had the motivation to do it. I change the type of music I listen to back and forth, etc. etc...

Part of that is also due to never being completely satisfied with the way things are... :blank

·
Registered
116 Posts
Smallish changes like that used to sort of surprise me. Now im sort of in the mood to have things changing all the time. i guess it's cause I'm so depressed and longing for more interaction with people.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I always get nervous at change. I like things to be predictible. I even eat my meals pretty much at the exact same time everyday. Some changes can be exciting though.

·
Banned
497 Posts
every single human being int he world finds change uncomfortable . any one who says they dont is lying cos its built into our biological make up

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
I think everyone fears change,even when its good for them.Its the fear of the unknown or whats next,is this going to turn out bad or good.I know people that are in a bad situations but, won't do anything about it because they fear change.Some people become comfortable in their own misery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts