Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you ever sleep with the lights on?

• Pssft, no!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes..

• I used to...when I was a young one.

• I *did*, but *now* I realize it will get me regardless...

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Allons-y!
2,011 Posts
I did it once recently because I was paranoid, but I prefer it to be pitch black.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
It depends were I am at. If I am on the truck... No I dont. If I am at my sisters.. Well sometimes I have no choice because she is home and up. I picked sometimes.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
i can't STAND any kind of light on. I even have dark curtains because at night the neighbors have on their outdoor lights. it drives me bananas!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I used to have a night light as a kid. Now, if the light is on, it's by accident. I fall asleep before I turn it off. I like the dark.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've had nightmares most of my life but I do like to sleep with no lights invading my bedroom most of the time. It's only if I'm alone in the house and get frightened by something that I leave a light on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sometimes. When I have been watching a scary show or reading some kind of thriller. Somehow, I have this irrational thought that if I switch off the lights, the moster from the show is coming to get me. So I have to turn them on to make sure nothing is charging towards me ready to attack :b

·
Registered
124 Posts
I love the darkness, it's comforting like a security blanket.

Reactions: CoastalSprite

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
mserychic said:
I sleep with the tv on that way there's light but it's not too bright. Also have to bury my head under the covers cuz ya know blankets will protect me :lol
My brother also sleeps with the tv on. It's quite loud and I've never been able to figure out how he can do it.

As for me, I'm not one who requires total darkness to sleep. I fall asleep during the day sometimes and at night with my lights on (or tv). I've never slept with the light on on purpose though.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
I guess if I'm sleepy enough I can doze off regardless, but when I go to bed, I really do need to turn the light off. I couldn't imagine leaving it on.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I sleep with lights/TV on all the time. It has little to do with fearing the dark, more like my tinnitus keeps me awake if I am in total silence and the lights... I usually forget to turn them off.

I worked nights for years and now, it's hard for me to sleep without some kind of light on anyway.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
no. such behavior is abominable.

·
Registered
561 Posts
very occasionally. i admit i am sometimes afraid at night. most of the time i curl under my blankets and try to think of happy things until i fall asleep. only maybe once or twice a year do i resort to leaving the light on for a while.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
No, I can't sleep like that. But I used to sleep with the TV on when I was little. I always fell asleep watching Nick at Nite. Best night light ever.~

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I can't sleep with the lights on - if the room is not in complete darkness i have a hard time falling asleep, no matter how tired i am.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I used to be terrified of the dark. It's been just recently that I realized there's worse things out there and it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts