Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you ever sleep with the lights on?

• Pssft, no!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes..

• I used to...when I was a young one.

• I *did*, but *now* I realize it will get me regardless...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lights on or off, wouldn't it get you regardless. . .?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The light gets me if I keep them on. I can't sleep without total darkness.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
There have been several times where I've been so tired that I passed out with the lights on, as well as being fully clothed (including shoes). I'm not worried about things "getting me".

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
More often that not, because i hate being alone in the dark! Some nights though i could care less because i'm so tired to.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I sleep with the lights off and the door shut so it's totally dark. i cant sleep in peace with the lights on.

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
I sleep with the tv on that way there's light but it's not too bright. Also have to bury my head under the covers cuz ya know blankets will protect me :lol

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I have a night light in my room but only so I don't trip over something if I get up in the middle of the night. Its not bright enough to disturb my sleep but its enough so I can see where I'm going if I get up during the night for a drink of water or to go to the bathroom.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
No lights for me. I don't need a nightlight -- after 32 years I know my room well enough to get around in darkness.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I used to when I was young. Sometimes if I watch something scary and then go to bed before my husband, I'll leave it on. Not too often though.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I sleep with one on some times. :afr

·
Registered
71 Posts
I work nights now, and I hate the lights!!! I can't sleep!

·
Shauna The Dead
6,389 Posts
I always keep a night light on in my room and the bathroom because I have a very small bladder, which causes me to have to get up during the night and I don't want to bash my skull in from running into the wall. Also I feel like I've went blind when I'm in complete darkness and that's not a good feeling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For some reason, whenever I am sick with the flu or a bad cold or something, I cannot sleep without full lights on. I feel like dork, but for some reason they have to be on. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
this has made me think that what if something is wrong with me now? :afr ....i sleep with the lights on allllll the time.......at least when i am at home.....i dont knwo why?? may be it is a comfort thing??? i dont remember how i started or for how long i have been like this?.....i think i got used to sleeping with the lights on since i have been in my new program at university and studying at night...?....i would sleep sporadically every now and then at night times during exams...i know that is bad.....but i felt that it was easier for me to wake up with the lights on and start studying again (although i dont have good concenration)....but even now that i am done school....i still sleep with the lights on :stu ...i feel more comfortable with it on???.....my family gets annoyed....and i get annoyed when they turn my lights off......i just feel that i can wake up easier when the lights are on......i am no longer used to total darkness.....but lately i have been practicing to sleep with the lights off...when i know i can sleep in the next morning, i sleep with the lights off.......sigh........great.......i guess im the odd one out on this one now... :con

·
SAS Member
941 Posts
Oh pffft no, I love it pitch dark to really sleep well. I also like to be completely covered, including my head, I usually have a pillow or something over it. :lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts