Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sometimes visualise Jesus just coming out of nowhere and hanging out me and visiting me. I know this sounds way out of the norm does anyone else ever think about things like this or am I way out of the box?

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Sometimes during prayer.

Also, I've gotten into the habit of praying intensely whenever my anxiety is very bad. Sometimes I'll get so into my (silent) prayers that I'll visualize whoever I'm asking for help (St. Dymphna or sometimes St. Michael or Mary during panic), just visualize their face or something. It never really goes beyond that though.

I rarely am able to visualize Jesus though, just the saints.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used to be religious, when I was a teen, and hope that someday in prayer jesus, mary, or one of the saints would appear to me. It just seemed so spectacular if it were to happen, and I'd imagine that my life would make a 180 degree turn. I guess it shows how dependent I am as a person, hoping that some supernatural force would do the work and pick me out of the pits. I'm no longer religious, but I still love Catholicism, especially the art and stories. And I think it's great if you have a religion as something of a comfort.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
I guess it shows how dependent I am as a person, hoping that some supernatural force would do the work and pick me out of the pits.
I can relate to this, but not with Jesus, etc. I'm always hoping that some event or someone will come along to change my life. I guess it's just hopeful thinking on my part.

·
Full circle, new highway
365 Posts
When I was trucking I could have sworn that I saw Christ sitting in the driver's seat of a truck one evening at a truck stop. He had his robe on with a cover over his head and a beard. I tried to do a double take, rub my eyes, look away and look back multiple times but the picture was still there as clear as "day" (even though it was at night lol). He just looked forward as still as the evening itself.

It was pretty cool.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a vision of me calling Jesus up and seeing if he wants to hang out, but he says he has to do laundry and then take his car in for repair, and maybe he could call me and we'll do it some other time, because he has a really busy schedule over the next few weeks, and someone's just come to the door so he has to go, bye.

·
Registered
984 Posts
No. Even my dreams and drug induced hallucinations have always been very entrenched in reality. I've always wanted to have a vision spiritual or otherwise but it dosen't seem destined to happen. The closest i've gotten is through meditation but i'm too lazy to carry on with it. The native american vision quest with days on end of no food and little water, no sleep and boring visuals sounds best but it would probably kill me because i'm so soft.

Hrm don't get me wrong though when someone says they've seen God or found christ I see at as the same thing as saying they've been enlightened, it's all metaphors no matter if it's drug/ meditation/prayer/god/placebo/whatever induced. Whether it is supernatural or not is something we are not meant to know. Many say they know but don't.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I once thought I saw the face on my church's crucifix turn to watch me.. but that was probably just a side-effect of watching a horror movie late on a Saturday night.

It was [email protected] scary though !

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can relate to everyone, glad I'm not alone. I was hoping Paul, Abraham, Jesus, Peter or anyone for that matter to sit with me yesterday while I was watching people at the lake.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Yes, I saw Jesus at the comedy club the other night!

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
I haven't personally had such experiences but I know of a person who sees Jesus outside her window sometimes. This is probably not uncommon.

·
Registered
195 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts