Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...where SA/anxiety just takes a back seat for once and you feel invincible and are able to do things you normally can't do?

These types of days are rare for me, but I'm actually having a pretty good day today. I actually called to schedule a hair appointment soon. I'm proud of myself :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I do but unfortunately for me alot of the time its because ive been drinking lol (alcohol seems to completely cure all anxieties for me)
But yh I know how you feel, sometimes i wonder what the hell im getting so stressed out about :roll Its good that your feeling less anxious!

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
I get like this in the company of a friend...the thing is, I don't have any friends IRL in whose company I can feel like this. :sigh The most recent time it happened was when my online friend and I met and got to go on an outing together. Did things I wouldn't usually do. It was lots of fun. Having a trusted friend in tow has a kind of "security blanket" effect on me. Back when I did have the occasional IRL friend I could be more outgoing and daring when in their company, but when they were gone I went back to my shy, reserved self.

I also had a day kind of like this right after I went cold turkey off my Lexapro...I went a bit hypomanic for a couple of days and got things done I wouldn't otherwise easily do. But I was really annoying to my parents. :eek:ops

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I do but unfortunately for me alot of the time its because ive been drinking lol (alcohol seems to completely cure all anxieties for me)
Man I need to try alc.......... I will try this definatly... I havent drunken alc for some months now I guess.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes. I love em. A few days of every year since 2009 :} So rare. Or when I act mischievous i feel a release since i don't have to care. But still rare.

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
...where SA/anxiety just takes a back seat for once and you feel invincible and are able to do things you normally can't do?
Yes. Sort of.

Well I certainly feel much better out of the blue some days. Where I'm not physically uncomfortable like I usually am and things just don't worry me so much. If I'm outside I'll feel much less self-conscious and more relaxed around people...

Don't know why it happens, and it never really lets me do anything productive much... but I like it when it does.

·
Smexy
3,551 Posts
Yes, but I still haven't figured out how to enable that state at will(when I'm in it w/o alcohol). Is it the result of randomly eating the right food that day? I'd like to know what creates that chemical balance on those rare days without anxiety.

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
I get like this in the company of a friend...the thing is, I don't have any friends IRL in whose company I can feel like this. :sigh The most recent time it happened was when my online friend and I met and got to go on an outing together. Did things I wouldn't usually do. It was lots of fun. Having a trusted friend in tow has a kind of "security blanket" effect on me. Back when I did have the occasional IRL friend I could be more outgoing and daring when in their company, but when they were gone I went back to my shy, reserved self.

I also had a day kind of like this right after I went cold turkey off my Lexapro...I went a bit hypomanic for a couple of days and got things done I wouldn't otherwise easily do. But I was really annoying to my parents. :eek:ops
my friends felt like security blankets too. that's why i hung around them so much when i was younger (fortunately they liked this because they were nice and liked me as a friend too). i like how you said that :). i would also do things with friends that i would never do by myself, like explore the city.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I still haven't figured out how to enable that state...Is it the result of randomly eating the right food that day?
I gave up trying to figure it out. I think it's just old-fashioned serendipity. The puzzle pieces that make up a day just happen to fall into place and - presto! An SA'er experiences an exhilirating moment of non-SA, and then it's gone.

When I find myself in that rare "normal" state, I try to keep the momentum (positive mindset) going and push myself to do other things. It's never a complete success, but the momentum seems to make things easier, and I feel guilty if I "waste" it.

·
Banned
2,024 Posts
Yeah i get these days a few times a month, feels so good like my social skills are so much better. I can think clearly and am much faster in social situations. Doesn't happen enough though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I remember one day, I was feeling totally great about myself, my shoes matched each other, my hair was brushed, feeling like two hundred dollars lol. Anyway, I was walking around smiling the whole day, people were looking at me, and smiling back, everything felt like it was is slow motion, had this buzzing feeling in my head. Wish I could gain back that confidence, felt soooo damn good.

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
I gave up trying to figure it out. I think it's just old-fashioned serendipity. The puzzle pieces that make up a day just happen to fall into place and - presto! An SA'er experiences an exhilirating moment of non-SA, and then it's gone.
That's what I think.

Some days... somehow every just falls into place and you feel good. Whatever combination of how much sleep you got... what you were eating maybe... the weather... how you've been thinking etc. just combine to create some kind of situation in your brain that works very well.

I get it with my OCD too.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yes. I mostly have those kind of days when i meet up with my friend from this site. I assume it's because i know she's not judging me and i know that whatever weird thing i do, she understands why i'm doing it. I barely have any anxieties at all when i'm in her company. I can just be myself, it's amazing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've started having these moments. They are rare and only seem to pop up when I'm in a really good mood. I feel more willing to take risks. On one such occasion I ate lunch in the mall food court which is large and always full of people. I also made a phone call in a public place yesterday. Funny how these little things are such everyday normal things for the average person but a huge accomplishment for us.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts