Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you ever gravitate toward slightly eccentric or offbeat people?

851 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  cosmicslop 
#1 ·
And by eccentric I mean in completely harmless ways.

Maybe it's just me but some of the nicest people I've met in my life were considered slightly offbeat and out of the "norm" from other people.

#4 ·
Well that could be included in what I was talking about. They don't have to be extroverts.

#3 ·
You mean like homeless people?
No not really homeless people. I work in a job where I deal with a lot of people and have worked with and met some interesting people.

#6 ·
I think so yeah but also (and more so) the other way around - unusual people seem to gravitate towards me. But due to my interests and also everything I've studied since leaving school, that's just how it is. But I'm not exactly most people's definition of 'normal' myself.

Oh but now I don't really meet people very often so I don't gravitate to anyone in particular, and vice versa.

#8 ·
I love these kind of people, seeing the world from a different point of view from the norm...

#9 ·
i am always drawn to outcasts and underdogs, and find myself getting close to either other shy people like me or women that might protect me. Also I find myself drawn to the diva girls too who are very dramatic and independent :p and definetly the quirky, weird, take me as I am type people.

#10 ·
I just like people who have similar interests like me. I gravitate towards people who are open-minded about different kind of arts more than anything. Not necessarily offbeat, though there's a fair share of offbeat/weird people in that demographic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.