Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this new position at work about two months ago and after about two weeks i was liking it. its a computer job so i have so much still to learn. its not like i can just train in two weeks and know everything. i like it most the time, but the anxiety is starting to get to me. especially now that school is about to start. i am the type of person that worries alot and if things dont feel right at work then it affects my whole life. i have been down because i dont know if i will be good enough to continue this job and i dont wanna let anyone down. i dont wanna make any mistakes. i hate the way i always feel like i am not good enough and that i am cursed for things to go wrong. i know i am thinking irrational but it is like i cant control it. i wish i could be like on eof those self confident people that excel in anything they do. i just get so nervous when trying to learn knew things. does anybody else ever feel this way? like you can never be what you want to be?

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Since my childhood I have never been able to show my true self to the public. I'm a prisoner of my social anxiety unable to radiate confidence to the world. I dream of taking the mask of social anxiety off and revealing my true personality.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Absolutely! I work in a corporate office where I am #1 at the job I do. It is easy to me whereas it is not easy to most others. How does that fit in with what you wrote, you say?

It fits in that that is all I will do. Because I am someone there, and I know I will succeed.

I do not have the guts to succeed in anything I REALLY wanted to do, never wanted to know where my failure point is. Therefore, I enjoy the things I wanted to do as hobbies and they will never be my professional job because of the fear of finding the point at which I fail.

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
As I grew into my adulthood my anxiety increased in severity. After I graduated high school I gave up on life. All my hopes and dreams vanished with my self esteem. I remember feeling so empty inside with no prospects for my future. :( Thankfully I was confronted with my family and forced to admit that I had a problem. Now I'm finally attending college tomorrow and accomplishing my goals with my life. :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I grew into my adulthood my anxiety increased in severity. After I graduated high school I gave up on life. All my hopes and dreams vanished with my self esteem. I remember feeling so empty inside with no prospects for my future. :( Thankfully I was confronted with my family and forced to admit that I had a problem. Now I'm finally attending college tomorrow and accomplishing my goals with my life. :)
Yea I really dont have a reason to feel so bad right now. I worry too much that is my main problem. I worry i wont do right or make mistakes. I hope things go well for you tomorrow at school. I start tomorrow too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts